Any OGs still around?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Re: Any OGs still around?

Post by On The Pipe »

Mikey wrote:I wonder if Luiz, FactoryBR, Goardy, Yahama, Cobra and others still view the forums. I would think not many people would know who these guys are now.

Cobra and Mittocs were the gods during the pre riderlean era. I think Joe was the first person to really do media for MXS related stuff. DJ and DDMX were absolute workhorses for content, MXS would be back in 2010 without them! A 10 man gate during the first track top was considered epic back then.

I still miss the Xfire days. Non stop track comps and everyone seemed to know and raced everybody, Fun times.
I remember when I first started playing online Cobra was literally a god. Never made a mistake lap times were very consistent. Only time you had a chance is if some newbie cleaned him out on the start lol. Mittocs was very fast too never saw him online as much as Cobra when I played.

I remember when I thought doing the triple on Alcrest (sp?) on a 125 was impossible.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

My earliest days of MXS were playing low key, and jealous of all the content being posted on MXG-HQ forums. So I asked kawasakis to help me make videos in sim lol. Community was much more fun to be around back then!
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Hahaha, I'm still rocking FSK gear that he made!
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

These were 2 videos (along with all of Mittocs videos) that really sold me on the game.

Kawasakis video because if I remember right it was one of the first videos I ever saw of the game that weren't gameplay videos of people flopping around. I remember watching that video and the shot going over the step up after the start seeing them turn the bars in the air when whipping knowing it wasn't an animation made me awestruck. Ben Dexter's video on Red Bud really shows the physics of the game (that was right when rider lean came out, hence the no torso, and chicken wing elbows when leaning forward :lol:) such as the wheel spin and flat tracking/countersteering, which was UNSEEN in any game before (for me at least).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

On The Pipe wrote:I remember when I thought doing the triple on Alcrest (sp?) on a 125 was impossible.
Then the 2009 dynos came out and you were labeled slow if you couldn't do it because it was so easy!

I just tried it on the 2006 SE YZF and flat landed it so far first try I fell off. When did this lame rider fall off stuff come in? :mrgreen:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

Man ^^ That video was awesome! I still remember rocking that kawi model for ever! That was right after rider lean was introduced correct?

This is the video I remember watching and just thinking "Holy crap this game is amazing!" Mace-X made some cool videos back in the day!
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

yzmxer608 wrote:
On The Pipe wrote:I remember when I thought doing the triple on Alcrest (sp?) on a 125 was impossible.
Then the 2009 dynos came out and you were labeled slow if you couldn't do it because it was so easy!

I just tried it on the 2006 SE YZF and flat landed it so far first try I fell off. When did this lame rider fall off stuff come in? :mrgreen:
TFW you use an 09 crf and still get spanked by a cr125. Waterloo Valley was fun to race on I remember learning a lot of weird lines trying to keep up. Now I keep forgetting if you over jump you can fall off the bike. Before we would just send it 5th gear tapped. Hard to believe how long ago this was.

Mittocs videos were so awesome the slow motion whips and wheeling rhythm sections got me really interested in the game.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

Goardy was a cool cat and Yomo I still remember Puma making my first signature for the forums, ha.

The days on MSN, when you would all get 15 minutes to do the best demo you could and then splice them together and watch it back.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

I remember very well when DJ uploaded a bike skin to MCM Factory and everyone went crazy in the comments, saying things like:
"This isn't MX Simulator Factory"
But read it by yourself, I also like my comment ...the shit you write when you're 12 :lol:

http://www.mcmfactory.com/display.php?cat=skins&id=3231

I remember when I was looking at screenshots, it was like looking back to games of the 90s, but then all of a sudden I saw track releases by suzuki98 and I eventually got interested... I was constantly on the MXS forums checking it out, but I never really cared too much since I was a MvAU nazi all the way... and oh well, I couldn't even ride a straight line in sim :lol: I can't believe it's already more than 10 years...
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Gala even eventually made stuff for MXS. I think he did all the skinning on Luiz's KX.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Andy_Hack wrote:I remember very well when DJ uploaded a bike skin to MCM Factory and everyone went crazy in the comments, saying things like:
But read it by yourself, I also like my comment ...the shit you write when you're 12 :lol:

I remember when I was looking at screenshots, it was like looking back to games of the 90s, but then all of a sudden I saw track releases by suzuki98 and I eventually got interested... I was constantly on the MXS forums checking it out, but I never really cared too much since I was a MvAU nazi all the way... and oh well, I couldn't even ride a straight line in sim :lol: I can't believe it's already more than 10 years...
Almost 10 years to the day

Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Yeah he skinned Luiz's KX125 and made a sick 2009 Pro Circuit KX250F, his stuff was always sick. Well in general, back then there wasn't much new content, but the few things that got released were made with so much passion and detail, definitely something I don't see very often these days. I'm glad that I saw Sim (and MvAU) in their prime.

10+ years and counting... let's see how many more years we'll waste on computer games :lol:
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DJ99X wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:I remember very well when DJ uploaded a bike skin to MCM Factory and everyone went crazy in the comments, saying things like:

Almost 10 years to the day

What are you, mid 30s now mate!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

I browse and post every once and a while. Installed sim again last week and it's more fun now than it was before.

I wish http://www.puremxs.com was still around, but at least I can discover the forest.

The 2009 yz250f is still the fastest bike in the game, idc what anyone tells me.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

wow that MCMFACTORY post made me think of my fav game of all time .. MCM2 !!! Those 8 riders main event were so fun haha !
Phil Doyon #423