Anyone here with bad knees wear a brace?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Anyone here with bad knees wear a brace?

Post by Finalmushroom »

What's up guys?

So I have bad knees from the Marine Corps and riding bikes my whole life (I'm only 24).

I'm trying to find a knee brace that I can ride MX with as well as snowboard and maybe even walk around in when I'm sore from riding.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions?

I'm thinking the Leatt C knee braces with carbon if I can get a good deal or the standard braces if not.
I like how they have the one sided hinge so I can still feel the bike which is a huge concern with me.
I know there's one or two manufactures who make a knee brace that you can use for MX and then take it apart and walk around in it.
I know they were on a Rocky Mountain ATV review for knee braces.

Also, I'm talking a brace and not a pad. I've ridden in pads and they only help with impacts rather than prohibiting your range of motion to prohibit injury.

Thanks for the help!!

-Jake
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Re: Anyone here with bad knees wear a brace?

Post by NoFear345 »

I run CTI knee braces, and I know a ton of pros wear them as well(as seen in the custom-pro-sport preview pics). CTI's are by far the best out there IMO. Pretty expensive, but I know if you have insurance they may be able to help out with the cost or completely pay for them. I've used mine once snowboarding as well and it worked great for that too. These are the ones I use. And I bought the motocross kits so it has patella cups and gear savers so it doesn't rub through your gear. https://www.ctikneebraces.co.uk/perform ... -pair.html

They also have custom ones that they get a mold of your leg for sizing but not sure if insurances will help with custom ones, and the other ones I posted work/fit perfect anyways.
https://www.ctikneebraces.co.uk/cti-cus ... -pair.html
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

I wouldn't recommend the Leatts from my experience. I had the first model ones and they gave me so much trouble (hinge bolts kept breaking, had to tighten them multiple times before I actually put the pants on, by the end of riding they came loose aswell). Maybe the new ones are better.

Also tore my ACL recently in them, just a simple stab to the ground and boom.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

krossboy wrote:Rant
Also, I will be going with CTI's when I'm all healed and ready to ride again! Only heard good things about them and insurance will cover a good chunk of the price.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901