World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

Post by JConley691 »

Now that this thread is a few pages deep, I figured it deserved an updated opening statement. I started this site in March of 2018 with a focus on conversations with content creators in the motocross world, in addition to being a place to house some of my own video work and writing. As of now, and into the foreseeable future, this website is based in moto. I regularly update this thread with new entries, so be sure to check out the last page for my most recent work. Hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks!

Anyway, what started out as an idea for a podcast turned into a website where I transcribe interviews with filmmakers / content creators in the world of motocross. I may have plans to expand beyond moto, but for now it is what I will focus on. I think there's a lot to be learned here from those who are putting out the goods we all like to watch, and the first installment features one of our very own, Mr. Uwe Fröhlich (aka Sib43). If you'd like to read the interview, just click the link below. I'll be updating this thread regularly for each interview or video that is posted on here. Thanks for your time.

https://inaworldofecho.wordpress.com/20 ... interview/

*edit: Title, intro
Last edited by JConley691 on Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: World of Echo: A Blog About Motocross Filmmakers

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

This is just the kind of thing you should make a topic about. I wouldn't worry at all. I like your work. Keep it coming!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Thanks Jared :)
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:This is just the kind of thing you should make a topic about. I wouldn't worry at all. I like your work. Keep it coming!
Thanks Havoc! Appreciate you checking it out.
Sib43 wrote:Thanks Jared :)
And of course a big thanks to Uwe for being the first up on the blog. The second installment just went up a few minutes ago with up and coming Texas filmmaker Charles Bakke. In talking with him I found that we have a lot in common, even though we grew up thousands of miles away from each other. Check it out here: https://inaworldofecho.wordpress.com/20 ... interview/
TeamHavocRacing

JConley691 wrote:Appreciate you checking it out.
Of course! Your quality stood out back in the vid contest days. I voted and donated man!

P.S. You never asked Uwe about the sim connection lol. I guess I understand your need for sterility/professionalism in your journalism. Is the audio good enough to post the audio too? Kinda like a choice of both. I dig the podcasts at work.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

hit up my boy chase dunivant
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:hit up my boy chase dunivant
Plan on talking with him later today!
TeamHavocRacing wrote: P.S. You never asked Uwe about the sim connection lol. I guess I understand your need for sterility/professionalism in your journalism. Is the audio good enough to post the audio too? Kinda like a choice of both. I dig the podcasts at work.
I briefly mentioned sim, but I suppose I could've went a little deeper with it. It really just amounted to the fact that I first saw his work here on the forums and we'd PM sometimes about tips and stuff. I'm a little stung with the past-tense compliments though :cry: :lol:. I definitely have been on a bit of a hiatus though with video stuff, but I've got some plans to get out more this year that hopefully people will enjoy.

As far as audio, I wouldn't say it's good enough for podcast quality at the moment. I use one microphone to record the phone audio as well as my own, which is good enough for me when I listen back and write them down. I also edit out a lot of the "oh's" "um's" and "like's" (I'm a chronic "liker" :lol: ) I'll try to experiment with releasing audio in the future though, possibly two microphones would do the trick?
TeamHavocRacing

JConley691 wrote:I'm a little stung with the past-tense compliments though :cry: :lol:.
I don't follow. You mean compliments for past things, but not this one? I think it's quite professional all around.
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
JConley691 wrote:I'm a little stung with the past-tense compliments though :cry: :lol:.
I don't follow. You mean compliments for past things, but not this one? I think it's quite professional all around.
Sorry about that. What I was trying to get at was that you mentioned my video quality "back in the day," and it reminded me that I haven't made a video since this past summer. Not upset or anything, just caught me by surprise haha... I gotta make some vids soon! In no way did I think you weren't interested in the stuff I'm doing with the site. I'm glad they're being enjoyed by at least one person :)
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

Our very own Chase Dunivant is this week's subject on the World of Echo site! This was a fun one.

Discussion includes: Life and times as a Vurbmoto contributor, ditching the homecoming game to film at Monster Mountain, music in motocross, and plans for the future of MotoChasin.

TeamHavocRacing

Another good piece. Do you plan on moto-based only filmers?
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Another good piece. Do you plan on moto-based only filmers?
Thanks man! For the moment, yes. I'd like to branch out in the future with people outside of motorsports. As far as off-road stuff (gncc, enduro, etc.) I haven't thought of that... but I know of a few people that might be interested. Could try to sprinkle them in soon... good suggestion.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

This is great dude makes me want to picture a camera for sure, another mx sim guy you could interview is Sean Ogden. Keep it up.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

JConley691 wrote:Our very own Chase Dunivant is this week's subject on the World of Echo site! This was a fun one.

Discussion includes: Life and times as a Vurbmoto contributor, ditching the homecoming game to film at Monster Mountain, music in motocross, and plans for the future of MotoChasin.

Awesome stuff jarred! Reading this kind of stuff gives me the itch to get out and film. It's almost as bad as my itch to get out and ride my dirt bike at this point :lol:
JConley691

Post by JConley691 »

damon99 wrote:Awesome stuff jarred! Reading this kind of stuff gives me the itch to get out and film. It's almost as bad as my itch to get out and ride my dirt bike at this point :lol:
Thanks man. And yeah I feel you, it just started snowing out... I'm bumming pretty hard :cry: