World of Echo: A Blog About Motocross Filmmakers

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: World of Echo: A Blog About Motocross Filmmakers

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:15 pm

I think you have a very intuitive, easygoing style without pretense that could disarm the frostiest of hardcases. You also have a lot of knowledge of the sport and filming so you come in well prepared. That produces professional results. I'm just a tl;dr dude lol. No need to change just for me. Maybe if more people request it.
jlv wrote:I disagree with your disagreement.

JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Postby JConley691 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm

World of Echo, installment 11.

This time I got to speak with documentary filmmaker Todd Huffman, who you might know from his show on Speed, The Motocross Files, or his project on John Penton in 2014. He was even a producer on the follow up the seminal MX movie, On Any Sunday, with OAS: The Next Chapter. Todd reached out to me on Vital (of all places!) and expressed interest in coming on the show.

That's the other thing... I suppose this is a show now! Thanks to your boy Havoc, you can now listen to me ramble over the phone! The episode can be streamed on soundcloud HERE, or on YouTube (with accompanying visual aid at certain parts of our conversation) HERE. The Soundcloud link is also embedded on the blog, you just can't access the time stamps on there.

I don't think this is the best interview I've done... was definitely nervous trying to make sure I wasn't stepping over Todd since I was going to release the audio this time. I think in the future, now that I know how I'm going to go about it, I'll get better. This conversation is very much filmmaking based, so anyone who's really into the technical side of filmmaking will probably enjoy this more than the casual moto fan. Either way, hope some people get a kick out of it. Todd's a real OG, he knows his stuff.

Discussion includes: Growing up on moto and BMX in NorCal, meeting Don Hoffman at the Pipeline in Upland, why Speed Channel picked up “The Motocross Files,” stories from premiering “Penton: The Story of John Penton,” upcoming projects, and much more…

https://inaworldofecho.wordpress.com/20 ... d-huffman/

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:56 am

Nice! You landed a whale! I sure miss The Motocross Files. Reminds me of the good days when cable had good, relevant content instead of the current crap-mill churning out lame-brained, unoriginal, copycat reality tv. Now I can listen while I work!

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:10 am

So cool! I made it to the intermission before we had to go out and play in the stupid sun. I dig the old school skateboarding and BMX, it's part of my childhood. On Any Sunday was the reason I wanted to moto. I also had a gold Stingray with Ape Hanger bars and a banana seat. Great stuff man!

JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Postby JConley691 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Wow, it really has been a long ass time between interviews. Lots of bad luck with timing these past two months. I've had interviews lined up, fall through, re-schedule, all happening between my own priorities. Currently packing to spend a week at redbud for the mxon too, so I'll keep this one brief.

I spoke with Jimmy Bowron about PLAECO, his tenure with Motosport.com, his work on the Driven to Ride series with Derek Anderson and Tucker Saye, befriending Colton Haaker and his projects with that nut (X games real moto, HEATER, new projects). Super nice dude, had a lot to say. Read or listen below. Sorry for the wait!! I'm not ditching this project.

https://inaworldofecho.com/2018/09/26/jimmy-bowron/

Return to “Off Topic”