MX vs ATV All out

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
motocross_will

MX vs ATV All out

Post by motocross_will »

Anybody else think this is the worst game ever? All the glitches and the fact I get 10 fps while playing. Also does anyone know how to whip?
nickuzick

Re: MX vs ATV All out

Post by nickuzick »

Haven’t played but the in air stuff looks bad. The direction change is just way too quick. Thanks to steam refunds I’ll still try it out but it already looks like a let down
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

nickuzick wrote:Thanks to steam refunds I’ll still try it out but it already looks like a let down
Oh thanks, I'll try it too.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

It's really not bad at all. It has an actual learning curve to it. Especially with whipping.The framerate drop when riding with the AI, I expect them to fix soon. Everyone is having the same problem with that. I personally think this is their best game since Alive for sure. It already feels like it'll have more longevity than supercross.
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

anybody notice if you are riding a 125 and you tap the throttle it makes a 4 stroke sound?
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

looks awful, tracks widths are ridiculous, deff not buying this piece of shit crap game
Phil Doyon #423
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

The worst part about this game that, believe it or not, supercross encore did better, it how sharp you can turn when going really fast.

All out seems to just let you lay it over regardless of your speed, and you literally don't ever have to let off.

Also, the tracks are just so.. stupid. The "arenacross" tracks are just shitty 4x4 tracks that aren't even remotely near what arenacross really is.. like at all. The track widths remind me of a 5 lane freeway and the National tracks are kinda like if you made a track in sim but instead of adding jumps you just grab the raise tool and start clicking everywhere.

ALSO, the AI seems to just be locked to 1 line, which is what EVERY moto game seems to somehow fuck up everytime.

However, i will say that the game is definitely fun and pretty refreshing, coming from try hard mxsim and just awful sx encore.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

808 wrote:The worst part about this game that, believe it or not, supercross encore did better, it how sharp you can turn when going really fast.

All out seems to just let you lay it over regardless of your speed, and you literally don't ever have to let off.

Also, the tracks are just so.. stupid. The "arenacross" tracks are just shitty 4x4 tracks that aren't even remotely near what arenacross really is.. like at all. The track widths remind me of a 5 lane freeway and the National tracks are kinda like if you made a track in sim but instead of adding jumps you just grab the raise tool and start clicking everywhere.

ALSO, the AI seems to just be locked to 1 line, which is what EVERY moto game seems to somehow fuck up everytime.

However, i will say that the game is definitely fun and pretty refreshing, coming from try hard mxsim and just awful sx encore.
also where the hell are the gates lol like how could you have fucked up such a fundamental thing about this sport.. :roll:
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

sorry but the game looks horrendous, the absolutely no need for braking and highway width supercross tracks kill it for me, other than that i´d play it.
any chance to get modded physics? wink wink :D
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Looks absolutely pathetic. Why do all the tracks seem to have taken inspiration from one of Chris' mega-highway Arlington SX tracks? :lol: :lol:
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

Post by ShortyMX »

My 5 cents after about 8 hours: this game shouldn't have been released yet. The framerate might be fixed until the actual release but to be honest, that's not my biggest problem with this game. It feels like an alpha version of the game. There are thousands of small little bugs. You can ride through all of the ads and crowd, there is no countdown when you're off track and you just get reset randomly. When you collide with other riders everything is lost and you're doomed to either instantly crash or kill 10 innocent spectators. The tuff blocks have 0 weight to them, you can just plow through them like it's nothing.
The free ride tracks might be super big, but for the most part they just feel computer generated and boring. The national tracks all feel the same, they have almost no individual vibe. Plus they're super weird when it comes down to bumps, they feel computer generated and are completely random, as if the was created by simply putting some corners and jumps on a freeride map. And they feel way too big in width. Sometimes there is just a big pile of water in the middle of a corner. wtf.

In contrast to that, the supercross tracks are a bit too narrow, and for me almost unrideable with the spongy physics. Spongy? I don't know how to describe them. You bounce off everything so weirdly, especially when touching something with your back wheel. The physics just feel very inconsistent for some reason. The preload jumping is weird too as it kinda slows you down and that really messes with timing the rhythm in SX. The cornering is the biggest problem of the game, and I don't even no where to start. It looks like he's having his morning dump when turning. The bike is almost straight up, he sits really far back and when the corner is really steep, he will also look down or dab. (Surprisingly, if you pause and go to photo mode, his form looks way better and he corners normally) I don't know if it's possible with their engine to just make the bike lean a little bit more.

The reflex controls are a mess. In the reflex game, left stick was for turning the bike (handlebars) left and right, while the right stick was for moving the rider to all sides. That was a pretty easy and fun concept that 95% of us just want to have again.
In All out, both sticks to everything. But not really. It's hard to describe. With the left stick, bike control, you can also pull it backwards and the bike will go up in the air. If you turn in the air, the bike will lean as well when in reflex only the handlebar turned. The fun thing about this whole reflex control is that you can turn it off in the controller settings. Yes, there is a setting with the old unleashed and untamed steering where you only use the left stick for everything. That might be the reason for the inconsistency of the reflex controls.

Automatic shifting is horrible, manual shifting is almost impossible, at least for me. With the engine sound it's really hard to tell where you're at with your rpms, and you can't really notice it speedwise as well. When tapping the throttle in the air, the rev builds up very slowly as if you were on the ground, when in reality it should be really snappy.

There are more negative aspects like the water (no splash, no sound, buggy hydroplaning), slow ai, and probably some more but I'm too lazy to go more indepth on that. /togglerant

Anything positive? Yes, to be honest, I actually enjoyed some of my time lol
The whips are pretty fun for me once you get the hang of it, as you can really develop your own kind of style whip. You can get really creative and my whips look a lot different than the ones in the trailer for example. I'm also trying to have different whip styles and that's a lot of fun, I'm not gonna lie. Ripping around on your compound and just throwing some whips while listening to some of your favorite music is super rad. I wouldn't change a thing on this! In reflex it was really easy to whip but everybody also looked the same and I like it when you can get creative, so a big +1 for this thq.

To the guy(s?) that modeled the bikes and gear in this game: hats off, really great work for the most part. Miles ahead of milestone... There could have been a couple more colorways on the gear department but it's okay. I like how much you can customize on the bike colorwise without making it look super whack like in supercross the game. The way that the menu is setup and with the compound and everything is pretty cool in my opinion.

I believe this game could've been so much better if this would've only been the beta. They could've taken our input, work 3 months on bug fixes and release a much better game. In my opinion the dlc policy is very questionable and a full price game would make more sense to me, with the oems already in the game, but I don't have the numbers to really make a point here.
Sadly, I believe this is going to be the last mx vs atv as the sales will be horrible, 75% of the people I have encountered won't buy this game as they think it looks like garbage, and ultimately, I can't blame them. The whips are fun but not worth 50$, and the unfinished feel of this game is a joke.

A bummer, it really is, as this game has a lot of potential in my opinion. I really hope the guys at nordic don't get cocky about the negative reviews and just take the bad criticism to actually make the game better.
ImageImageImage
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

Post by ShortyMX »

ok, more like my 5$ but I had to get this off my back, sorry haha
ImageImageImage
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

ShortyMX wrote:ok, more like my 5$ but I had to get this off my back, sorry haha
Hehe more like $50
2018-2019 AUSMX 250 National Champion
Im washed up :roll:
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Sometimes I think to myself...Will I ever live to see the day that the mx community is pleased with a game other than mxs? And sadly the answer is probably no :lol:
I guess it just gets to me how upset people can get with the quality of a game. An arcade game at that!
wilson213
Team: Privateer

Post by wilson213 »

It's interesting that one guy, 10 years ago, could make bike physics that are still better than all mx games released so far. This game looks terrible tbh. Unleashed looks like it has better physics that all out. It all just looks meh but I still want to try monster as game.