F1 2018

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
nickuzick

F1 2018

Post by nickuzick »

What a race!
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: F1 2018

Post by Phathry25 »

Is there something wrong with my stream? We must have been watching different races.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Although it felt like there was a constant tension, it wasn't exciting at all imo.
The only moment I'll remember by next week is the Haas cars both blowing out after a pitstop and Verstappen going around because he was ruining his rears by driving in the dirty air.

It's time for less downforce, smaller tires, less compounds and less in car adjustments. #MakeF1GreatAgain

On the positive side, I like the new tv lay-out.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

scheeve3 wrote:Verstappen going around because he was ruining his rears by driving in the dirty air.
I just think he watched Tokyo drift before the race.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It's going to be interesting to see which team gets the on podium first that isn't Merc, Ferrari and Redbull.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Do you guys really find the racing this exciting/interesting? I’m not trying to shit on your interests or be over dramatic about how boring I think it is. Just genuinely interested in your thoughts.

I’ve taken to just catching a practice session if I have time and usually qualifying. Qualifying is the most exciting part of the weekend, maybe race start but that’s still usually pretty procedural anyways. Other than that the races have just been high speed parades. Not very fun for me to watch.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Phathry25 wrote:Do you guys really find the racing this exciting/interesting? I’m not trying to shit on your interests or be over dramatic about how boring I think it is. Just genuinely interested in your thoughts.

I’ve taken to just catching a practice session if I have time and usually qualifying. Qualifying is the most exciting part of the weekend, maybe race start but that’s still usually pretty procedural anyways. Other than that the races have just been high speed parades. Not very fun for me to watch.
As a newer fan, I get where you're coming from with this. For me, a lot of the enjoyment as a fan is following the storylines, many of which play out within the race - so watching the races isn't necessarily only about who wins, or a battle for the podium, etc. It's as much about the rest of the field, the battle for a top-10 points paying finish for the 2nd/3rd tier teams, how the new cars are performing in 2018, were some of the issues with last years' cars corrected (looking at you, Honda)...there's a litany of things within F1 that have personally engaged me in the sport which go way beyond only watching to see who wins any given race. In a way, you can draw a parallel line between the reasons I enjoy watching every SX race to why I also enjoy watching F1 - watching only to see who wins can get pretty damn boring, but there's more going on for the fan who follows the sport beyond merely the nationally televised broadcasts.

All of that said, I can definitely understand the reasons why people are turned off by how dull the competition for race wins can be.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Yea. I watch for the same reasons as you. But my point is that all that is covered by practice and qualifying.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Phat just wants it to go back to them having a 1-in-4 chance of dying in a race like Jackie Stewart's odds back in the early '70's. jk :twisted: They've finally delivered the long-fought/sought frontal protection that's pretty much the antithesis of the top formula. All safety and driver aids SHOULD be removed for the highest level, but they got tired of killing guys. The fuel cell solved one safety problem without really affecting speed. Look how much of the driver was exposed before Senna's death. It will be very difficult to bring back excitement in the form of speed or disparity in teams budget allowing runaway development and lopsided competition etc. Until they have a desperate need to get crowds back, it's dilution will continue in one form or another IMHO.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I think that Formula E will be what saves the sport. The closer they make the cars in competition and the less money it takes to make a competitive car will allow more teams/drivers to be in the hunt.

The race was cool but I'm a slight Ferrari fanboy because of Vettel/Kimi. Lewis got played and that was eventful but a bummer for him and Alonso top 5 was also neat.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Phathry25 wrote:Do you guys really find the racing this exciting/interesting? I’m not trying to shit on your interests or be over dramatic about how boring I think it is. Just genuinely interested in your thoughts.

I watch the races even if they're boring because fuck it, I've spent all my time watching Q and all the practices, basically I just hope it's a good one going into it even if it's probably going to be shit.

I love MotoGP, I wish I listened to I think you years ago, it's so good to watch and there always seems to be a race. And I wish I had more time to watch Indycar, it's hard to keep up with each race and what ridiculous time it starts over here. I don't care for Nascar anymore, I tried with it but I just hate how gimmicky it feels now.
My photography work
eblock_15

Post by eblock_15 »

I love all types of motorsport racing because it's just pure competition and isnt that what racing is all about? I mean its not very fun to watch a boring race but it is still racing
I am the one and only Larry Lawn Dart, if you see me on the track I will probably be on the ground - Eli Block
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

That driver cage is just hideous...
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

This week was abit better yeah?

That Ferrari pit stop looked so bad live, then the immediate call for medics gesturing a break. Tough to watch and a huge bummer for Kimi.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It was a good race. Started with lots of passing and chaos into a pretty cool ending with strategy.

This MotoGP start was crazy too, and Márquez now with a ride through penalty.
My photography work