F1 2018

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
scheeve3

Re: F1 2018

Post by scheeve3 »

Usually I watch IMSA, but for some reason this one got completely by.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Wow, COTA actually had a race! Pit strategy and multiple car brands in contention until the last lap and hardly any use of team orders. That's what I want from F1, great weekend.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

It's kinda sad, that someone like Hamilton can win 5 championships these days, but it shows that Formula 1 is not the same anymore. I mean Hamilton is good, he's really good! But he doesn't get anywhere close to the very best in my opinion, look at Mansell, Clark, Prost, Senna, Lauda and a few more... these guys were absolute monsters on the track but never got around to win more than 4 titles! The answer is plain and simple, Mercedes had a superior car, ever since they went back to Turbos in 2014. I know that I get called a hater for that, but how do you explain, that Rosberg won a championship against Hamilton? Nothing against Rosberg, I really really like him, but he's not really someone I'd call a great driver, it was the car, plain and simple.
These days with all that engine management, it's not who's the fastest, it's who has the most reliable, yet fastest engine/car.
I mean, how can these guys gain over 2 seconds in the middle of the race without new tires? It's because they clearly save the engine most the time. This isn't Formula 1 to me anymore, been watching F1 since 1999 when I was 5 years old, always a huge fan, but I'm slowly sick of all that bullshit. They make fun of Nascar for just driving in an oval, but even THAT is more exciting than F1 these days, which shows how f*cked up F1 really is these days!
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

I feel you Andy
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

I wouldn't underestimate Hamilton. The way he entered the stage as a rookie, same with Vettel ... It showed their true potential.

But other then that I totally agree. It's not healthy that the top-6 are always the same cars and that everyone else is on +2 laps... Not even grid penalties are worth mentioning anymore... But on the other hand , the other motorsport series are not even trying. The WTCR championship is such and exciting championship (also because of their BS BoP, but ok), it's nowhere to be seen, not even on the internet or weeks after the event...
Blancpain series have a free internet stream which is nice, but TV still rules the world when it comes down to traditional sports. Even their 6-12-24 hour events are bumper to bumper all the way through. And with 6-7 brands and lots of nationalities I think you can create interest in at the general public. Also their entry fees are low af, €25 for a weekend + free paddock! That's only 30% of a GP ticket and you also get to see the best in the world in GT racing.

Heck even Formula-e, with their promoting machine can't bring it on decent tv channels... All I see in the tv-guide are some 5min flash highlights on paid channels...
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Never been following F1, but always thought their cars were cool and stuff. It's pretty boring when you hear them on team radio saying "let him by", "save the tires", do this, do that... To me the driver just seems like a busboy-frontman. They're at the front with their face, yet just doing what they're told like a busboy. Let the drivers race, make it exciting. Cut the team communications or make something.. To me, it's just boring how controller the drivers are.
jakebarrett
Team: GM

Post by jakebarrett »

poor dani ric I feel so bad for him.
but anyway my fav driver max Verstappen won and lewis Hamilton won the championship so it was a win win for me.
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

F1 is a big joke now, first of all Hamilton should never start P1 with the incident with Sirotkin in qualy, but hey, it's Hamilton so he never get penalized, pretty sure if it was a Ferrari they it would not be the same.. And Hamilton didnt deserve the win at all, like most of the GP this year, Ocon is such an idiot, understand why he doesnt get a drive for next year.
GG to Mercedes for winning by cheating with their new wheels, they put it on the car, manage the tyre way better because of that and won 5 GP in a row so the title, they put back the "stock" wheel and doesnt win anything except this one because they are fucking lucky.
FIA sucks, Mercedes can do anything they want they never get penalized .
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:F1 is a big joke now, first of all Hamilton should never start P1 with the incident with Sirotkin in qualy, but hey, it's Hamilton so he never get penalized, pretty sure if it was a Ferrari they it would not be the same.. And Hamilton didnt deserve the win at all, like most of the GP this year, Ocon is such an idiot, understand why he doesnt get a drive for next year.
GG to Mercedes for winning by cheating with their new wheels, they put it on the car, manage the tyre way better because of that and won 5 GP in a row so the title, they put back the "stock" wheel and doesnt win anything except this one because they are fucking lucky.
I agree with everything except the wheels, I was under the impression that the wheels are legal to use?
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:Ocon is such an idiot, understand why he doesnt get a drive for next year.
He has a verbal contract to drive for Merc in 2020
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Sooo Hamilton won drivers title and Mercedes won manufacturer?
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

Wahlamt wrote:Sooo Hamilton won drivers title and Mercedes won manufacturer?
Yep. Hamilton wrapped up drivers in Mexico and Merc just did it last weekend in Brazil
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Lynch wrote:
RFX_corentin_12 wrote:F1 is a big joke now, first of all Hamilton should never start P1 with the incident with Sirotkin in qualy, but hey, it's Hamilton so he never get penalized, pretty sure if it was a Ferrari they it would not be the same.. And Hamilton didnt deserve the win at all, like most of the GP this year, Ocon is such an idiot, understand why he doesnt get a drive for next year.
I agree with everything except the wheels, I was under the impression that the wheels are legal to use?
Nah i dont think its legal, they cant modify the wheels, this is why they go back to the "stock" one, so others teams cant say anything about it, they usually put it during the practice and qualy and put back stock ones for the race
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

A verbal contract doesn't mean much when in 2019 you'll be in the stands watching. I couldn't believe what I saw when it happened. I was pretty close to going "Well this is done and dusted" and go do something else then Max is backwards. Watching the replay he puts him 2 laps down and a corner later he lunges at the inside. Sure there is a rule you can gain your lap back but he had no room for a move, he was out of the points, and that was the second time going down a lap. Then in the pits when Max finds him he pulls a smile "Oh what did I do wrong?" while the FIA is standing right there knowing. Everyone who claims he shouldn't have fought it is a real easy claim to make after he spun but in the moment when someone pulls to the outside and lets you pass, stopping to think and check your mirrors before the immediate S bend coming up to make sure you aren't being lunged at is an idiot.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com