2018 kx125 Plastics Conversion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Parny223
Team: MandC Motorsports

2018 kx125 Plastics Conversion

Post by Parny223 »

I’ve been on the look out for a kx125 to do this conversion to for a few months now, I stumbled across an 08 model for $1800 online (08 was the last year kx’s were bought into New Zealand new) I have to get it shipped to me but with them selling for around $3000 I couldn’t pass up this opportunity! My plan is to put the 2018 plastics, sub frame, seat and tank on the 08 frame, Motor wise I’m looking at getting it rebuilt plus V-force reeds, pro circuit pipe and a port and polish job done. Aesthetically I’m hoping for the usual goodies such as the green hubs, unbreakable levers, black shifter etc. First thing I’ll be doing though is getting a set of race tech gold valves! Arrival date for the bike is around the 20th of April so I’ll hopefully keep this thread up to date with the project from then on, I’d love some feedback and ideas throughout the build so please let me know what you’re thinking! No pictures of the bike yet obviously so I’ll start off with the original conversion that I drew inspiration from, built by pro circuit mechanic Jon Primo.
Boblob801 wrote: If you save a life a few will know, if you take one everyone will know.
So deep :'(
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: 2018 kx125 Plastics Conversion

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Great idea and it's gobsmackingly gorgeous! Jon Primo did it with 2018 plastics or earlier? I thankfully have the brand colors to guide me cuz I can't tell the difference lol. Is it heavier or lighter with the whole lot of parts you listed? It would be worth it if it happened to be heavier IMO.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Parny223
Team: MandC Motorsports

Re: 2018 kx125 Plastics Conversion

Post by Parny223 »

He did it with 2017 250f but they’re more or less the same, I haven’t actually thought about the weight but I will need to make some new mounting brackets for everything so my guess is that it will be a little heavier but like you say, it will be worth it
Boblob801 wrote: If you save a life a few will know, if you take one everyone will know.
So deep :'(