2018 MX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
User avatar
DBRider251
Posts: 1254
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:38 pm
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Postby DBRider251 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 pm

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:
nickuzick wrote:
RFX_corentin_12 wrote:The sx thing is born when you start to stop winning since 2012.

So fuck RC, Bradshaw, Reed, and anyone else who did anything from the 70s-2011?

Please tell me you're not that idiot. I speak about the SX excuses, "we do more sx so we arent good anymore at mxon" blablabla

Except the training did shift from MX to SX because of money. There's a reason Reed only rides SX, and it ain't just fitness. SX is worth so much more than MX in the US and that's apparent. Basically, the teams train for SX from September - May then take a break to ride MX from May - August. SX is "more important" in the US.

Adam Cianciarulo is a prime example. He rode some of 2017 and all of 2018 Supercross injured instead of getting his ACL repaired and missing it. He could've easily flipped and had his ACL repaired after MX in 2017, then be healthy for MX in 2018.

It also doesn't help that outdoor tracks aren't what they used to be. They're all big, style jumps "for the fans." To me, Southwick is the best race of the year because it shows how much a rider really wants it.
Image

User avatar
model_90
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 pm
Team: SISTUM DEKAL

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Postby model_90 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 pm

We(USA) lost, France got lucky, Netherlands shoulda won, end of story
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet

User avatar
Phathry25
Posts: 7414
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:09 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Location: WI
Contact:

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Postby Phathry25 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:03 am

KTM57 wrote:Where do you draw the line most objectively? Is Ryan Sipes the fastest man on the planet? :lol:


No, with the metric you're using of breadth not depth Marc Marquez is.

User avatar
KTM57
Posts: 13567
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Adept
Location: TX

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Postby KTM57 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:13 am

But he hasn't raced AMA Supercross!

User avatar
scheeve3
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 pm
Team: iGn-esports.com
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Postby scheeve3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Now that my emotions are settles I wonder why everyone have been talking about the lack of results of the USA. Look at the Belgian team. All 3 riders underperformed on the same level as the US guys.
You can have a shitload of discussions on the track, how the AMA season was already 1,5 month over, on the wheather ... But fact is that the mxon is a weird race where riders will underperform and where 7 place finishers will beat the unbeatable (Coldenhoff - Herlings).


If any, we should have been talking all week about The Netherlands, they literally got the lowest score possible except for Vlaanderen going out. A 29th position in 1 moto was enough to give the big one (for the first time) to them.

And fun fact Paulin is 1 mxon win away from being the most successful rider in the history of the modern mxdn (since 1985). He's now tied with Stefan Everts and Jeff Ward.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 6752
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:14 am

Long live 2-strokes! Poto vs. Dungey? I hope Straight Rhythm somehow catches on more and becomes a tour.
jlv wrote:I disagree with your disagreement.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests