2018 MX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Post by MOTOZ293 »

scheeve3 wrote: I've read in an interview they pulled up all that sand because the owners of RedBud knew there was a 90% chance of rain (It's October after all). And now it was brutal but the track was rideable.
Here is where i disagree, 2014 ironman. i was there for that race and it rained way more than it did for mxon. on the side of the track there were riders who got stuck and it was up to their knees. and ironman has more elevation than redbud. its sad we have to change our track to suit the gp riders
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

You're blaming the track?
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Another MXoN in France... Wow. I heard somewhere that Youthstream said they were going to have a MXoN in the USA every 8 years? Is that correct? If so, I think they should do it for France as well... I can't say it's completely unfair to the US because 2000-2020 the locations will be: France 5, USA/UK/Belgium 3, Italy/Netherlands 2, and Spain/Germany/Latvia have one.

I'm not really upset that they aren't in the US more, just weird that they go to the same countries so much. The last MXoN that wasn't in the US or Europe was in 1999 in Brazil. Before that? Australia in '92. We also went through a 20 year stint where the MXoN wasn't visiting the US (87-07). I'm by no means saying that we need a round every other year. But I don't get the French favoritism.

I think a cool concept would be a "make it, take it" type of decision decider. So say France won this year. They get to pick the venue of the next MXoN in line. Let the promoters give them say, 5 venues to choose from, then France could say, "Oh, we'd like to go to Matterly Basin." I don't know how the venue is decided now, so who knows. Just my shitty $.02
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
scheeve3 wrote: I've read in an interview they pulled up all that sand because the owners of RedBud knew there was a 90% chance of rain (It's October after all). And now it was brutal but the track was rideable.
Here is where i disagree, 2014 ironman. i was there for that race and it rained way more than it did for mxon. on the side of the track there were riders who got stuck and it was up to their knees. and ironman has more elevation than redbud. its sad we have to change our track to suit the gp riders
So you would prefer that the track be even sloppier? You're going to see the Europeans slap us even harder in that case. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Saying the track was GP styled doesn't explain why a top 20 start was impossible for Americans. Red Bud has continued to add sand for years, same with LL. I think its finally gotten above the 60/40 mix where its obvious there is more type than the other. I think the riders are done with MXoN because of the internet. Tomac was absolutely destroyed when he declined going last year so he went this year and is getting destroyed because he didn't do enough. All three of them are. I don't blame them for not wanting to go because they are wrong either way unless they can win. I even seen someone on Twitter say we shouldn't go anymore to show the FIM how much our team is needed. What does that accomplish? "Oh hey guys, please let the US riders win, we really need their viewership"?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It was puzzling that Tomac wasn't better on that track. It looked like conditions that suit him well - WFO with big sweeping turns. I was also expecting Roczen to do better also. I was surprised that Mitch Evans from Australia wasn't too far off their pace, he almost got 2 tops tens.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Hands down for Glenn Coldenhoff. He killed it! Americans talking about an european style track because of the sand, lol. Let's hope they will make the A-Final next year in Assen. :)
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Americans think they are the best in the world, but they're not anymore, stop finding excuses about the track and all other shit
RFX_corentin_12

DP: Oh and Zoa, if you pretend to be one of the best rider in the world, you should be good on every single type of track in the world.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Just my shitty $0.02 but I feel that Herling's can't say he's the fastest in the world. Maybe Fastest MX rider but until he comes here and competes in the MX and SX series and gets both championships, wins everything else around the world, then he could say he's the fastest rider in the world, but in my opinion he's just the fastest European MX rider, until he comes and beats Tomac in a full series ! The difference between the Americans and Europeans is that they ride MX all year long, that's literally all they train for. Unlike us who take time off to train for SX and MX, i'm 100% sure if we ONLY did MX we would be just as competitive.

Agree or Disagree?

(I'm not looking for petty arguments, this is just my opinion)
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I think you could make a sound argument that supercross does not matter on the world stage. Are we gonna send Tomac and Herlings out in a GNCC or a rally race? Endurocross? Where do you draw the line most objectively? Is Ryan Sipes the fastest man on the planet? :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
RFX_corentin_12

The sx thing is born when you start to stop winning since 2012.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:The sx thing is born when you start to stop winning since 2012.
So fuck RC, Bradshaw, Reed, and anyone else who did anything from the 70s-2011?
RFX_corentin_12

nickuzick wrote:
RFX_corentin_12 wrote:The sx thing is born when you start to stop winning since 2012.
So fuck RC, Bradshaw, Reed, and anyone else who did anything from the 70s-2011?
Please tell me you're not that idiot. I speak about the SX excuses, "we do more sx so we arent good anymore at mxon" blablabla
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:Image

Americans think they are the best in the world, but they're not anymore, stop finding excuses about the track and all other shit
I really like what DV said here, our tracks surely get rough but watching coverage from European circuits like Assen or Lommel, our tracks look like child's play. Tons of factors coming into play right now regarding how the rest of the world has caught up and surpassed the US in talent these last few years and I believe he nailed most of them. However, while the US currently isn't performing at the level that we were in the late 2000's, I don't think it's a permanent change. We have plenty of capable riders on the national circuit and with the right conditions I think the US can win another MXoN within the next few years. I mean, just two years ago in Maggiora we were this close to the title, and with a little luck the US would have won (much like the Netherlands should have won this weekend.)

As for the track, the conditions were definitely a change from the typical RedBud weekend. It's not enough to use an excuse for the US' performance, but the soil was objectively different. I arrived at RedBud last Monday to help them with social media content, and the track had piles of sand laying in multiple spots waiting to be dispersed into the soil. This changed the texture and deterioration of the track a fair bit, but was absolutely necessary for the integrity of the event. Without it, and the careful prep Tim Ritchie and his crew put into the course throughout the week, it would have been a quagmire.

All of this being said, I just wanted to say how amazing it was to be there this weekend. To have the world's biggest motocross race come to RedBud after over 70 years of competition, coupled with the amazing storylines of France's win streak, the US' attempts to reclaim the throne, the ever-growing legend of Herling's speed, the typical GP players throwing down, the crowd, the fucking weather... it was all unforgettable. Pure motocross, plain and simple.