2018 MX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Post by On The Pipe »

It's a shame how the top level in this sport has been pushed by Ricky Carmichael; after he hired a trainer and elevated the sport to a new fitness level. Now with the tracks and bikes one injury can set you out an entire season or more and then comes the training to reach back to the level you were at. Can imagine that this gets very old for the riders if you constantly get injured.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I bet Bob Hannah in his prime could out run and out cycle Carmichael in his prime.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

jlv wrote:I bet Bob Hannah in his prime could out run and out cycle Carmichael in his prime.
With the bikes they had to ride back then basically pure talent.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Are the 1st motos still streamed for free?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

jlv wrote:I bet Bob Hannah in his prime could out run and out cycle Carmichael in his prime.
RC was pretty insane. I still think to this day, Ricky and James rode dirt bikes quicker than anyone in the history of the sport. Tomac, RV, Dungey, Roczen, none of them came close to the pure speed of those two. Roczen and Tomac are pretty damn fast, but usually hit the ground when pushed beyond their comfort level (granted, JS did too), but Ricky rarely did.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

On The Pipe wrote:
With the bikes they had to ride back then basically pure talent.
Conditioning was more important back then. Bad suspension wears you out faster.
Ddavis wrote:RC was pretty insane. I still think to this day, Ricky and James rode dirt bikes quicker than anyone in the history of the sport. Tomac, RV, Dungey, Roczen, none of them came close to the pure speed of those two. Roczen and Tomac are pretty damn fast, but usually hit the ground when pushed beyond their comfort level (granted, JS did too), but Ricky rarely did.
If we had a time machine motocross race my money would be on RC. But in a time machine triathlon I wouldn't bet on RC. Not saying he was in bad shape, just that some of the others trained just as hard and were more naturally athletic. Hannah, Bailey, Johnson and O'Mara were all in great shape before riders all had trainers.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Not to mention drinking AND smoking the night before the race. Some of the Dogger stories are horrifying.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'll do MXGP here. Absolute nutter of a race at Matterly

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

I had to play back Herlings' 2nd moto pass on Cairoli a couple times. He just flat tracked that thing past Cairoli like he was standing still.
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

That sucks for Zach.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Devin, did you or Justin delete your post? I'll bet you did after this dropped... http://racerxonline.com/2018/06/06/hill ... -motocross
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Somebody insert clips of this year's Husqvarna team over the top of "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat." It's going to be tough watching them return to mediocrity of years past while their superstars heal up.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Hope Justin can do better in the 450 class than the 250. This year has been a bumpy ride at least for him.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Devin, did you or Justin delete your post? I'll bet you did after this dropped... http://racerxonline.com/2018/06/06/hill ... -motocross
Me
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

When I said flounder around in 15th all summer in 250s or be top 5 in 450s? It's true.

I can't remember if I deleted it, I think I did. Knowing Instagram, people (like you) would shit their fucking pants balls deep sucking off Justin telling him he's the next Ricky Carmichael.