2018 MX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: 2018 MX Discussion

Post by DBRider251 »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:
nickuzick wrote:
RFX_corentin_12 wrote:The sx thing is born when you start to stop winning since 2012.
So fuck RC, Bradshaw, Reed, and anyone else who did anything from the 70s-2011?
Please tell me you're not that idiot. I speak about the SX excuses, "we do more sx so we arent good anymore at mxon" blablabla
Except the training did shift from MX to SX because of money. There's a reason Reed only rides SX, and it ain't just fitness. SX is worth so much more than MX in the US and that's apparent. Basically, the teams train for SX from September - May then take a break to ride MX from May - August. SX is "more important" in the US.

Adam Cianciarulo is a prime example. He rode some of 2017 and all of 2018 Supercross injured instead of getting his ACL repaired and missing it. He could've easily flipped and had his ACL repaired after MX in 2017, then be healthy for MX in 2018.

It also doesn't help that outdoor tracks aren't what they used to be. They're all big, style jumps "for the fans." To me, Southwick is the best race of the year because it shows how much a rider really wants it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

We(USA) lost, France got lucky, Netherlands shoulda won, end of story
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

KTM57 wrote:Where do you draw the line most objectively? Is Ryan Sipes the fastest man on the planet? :lol:
No, with the metric you're using of breadth not depth Marc Marquez is.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

But he hasn't raced AMA Supercross!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Now that my emotions are settles I wonder why everyone have been talking about the lack of results of the USA. Look at the Belgian team. All 3 riders underperformed on the same level as the US guys.
You can have a shitload of discussions on the track, how the AMA season was already 1,5 month over, on the wheather ... But fact is that the mxon is a weird race where riders will underperform and where 7 place finishers will beat the unbeatable (Coldenhoff - Herlings).

If any, we should have been talking all week about The Netherlands, they literally got the lowest score possible except for Vlaanderen going out. A 29th position in 1 moto was enough to give the big one (for the first time) to them.

And fun fact Paulin is 1 mxon win away from being the most successful rider in the history of the modern mxdn (since 1985). He's now tied with Stefan Everts and Jeff Ward.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Long live 2-strokes! Poto vs. Dungey? I hope Straight Rhythm somehow catches on more and becomes a tour.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.