Isle of Man TT Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Isle of Man TT Discussion

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Today's final and biggest race of the event, the Senior TT was a nail-biter! Dean Harrison had the lead for five and a half of the six laps, then Peter Hickman used his superior final sector times and lapper traffic holding Dean up to sneak out the win and break the outright lap record and now the fastest average speed of any roadracing circuit in the world at 135.452 mph. I'm sure that will fall once they run the Ulster GP in August to reclaim the record.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

The length of time I can be aggressive gets longer each run. That's the addiction. I usually start over unless I get past 6-7 mins into a lap.

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

William Dunlop, son of the late Robert and older brother of this years Senior TT winner Michael has succumbed to the injuries suffered in a Saturday practice crash for the Skerries 100 Irish road race. Their late uncle Joey is the current winningest TT racer of all time. I'm sure Michael will soldier on.
TeamHavocRacing

Jesus, this is becoming more of an obituary section than coverage of real roads racing. It's been a very bad year for the sport. James Cowton was killed and Ivan Lintin is in critical condition after a multi bike accident during the Southern 100 race on the Isle of Man today. It is a mass start race not run on the Snaefell mountain course which greatly adds to the danger of an event like this while the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy is time trial with 10 second intervals on the start. I was afraid of this after becoming more closely interested in the sport. This coming one day after the funeral of William Dunlop. May they both rest in peace.
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing

86 DAYS TO GO! You need to decipher what they're saying during commentary, so I made this guide to the place names and corners.
TeamHavocRacing

The Real Road Racing season kicked off this weekend with The Cookstown 100. Derek McGee got a hat-trick of wins. Happy to report that despite two separate red flag incidents, there were no serious injuries! Just over 20 days until the Isle of Man!
TeamHavocRacing

The Tandragee 100 is in the books and Derek McGee is on a tear so far this season...

"Derek McGee won four races - feature, Supersport, Moto3/125cc and Supertwins, to add to his hat-trick at Cookstown."

Guy Martin has returned from his budding TV career to roadracing for the first time since 2017 and did it in style...

"The 37-year-old, who last competed at Tandragee in 2017, took victory on his own BSA Rocket machine and set the fastest lap of the race at 90.038mph."

Pleased to report only one incident...

"Adam McLean crashed during the last lap of the Supertwins race, suffering arm, shoulder and pelvic injuries. He's in good spirits and cracking jokes from his bed."
TeamHavocRacing

The Northwest 200 is starting this Sunday and running the entire week.
We now have the starting order for the 9th year of the Lightweight TT which runs 650cc twins.

Top 20 seeded riders:
1 Derek McGee - KMR Kawasaki
2 Davey Todd - Norton
3 John McGuinness - Norton
4 Stefano Bonetti - Paton
5 Daniel Cooper - KW Electrical/CMS/SB Tuning
6 Michael Dunlop - Paton
7 Gary Johnson - KMR Kawasaki
8 Michael Rutter - Bathams KMR Kawasaki
9 Adam McLean - McAdoo Racing (Withdrawn)
10 Peter Hickman - Norton
11 Ian Lougher - Team ILR/Mark Coverdale
12 Paul Jordan - Devitt Racing
13 Michael Sweeney - Kiely Heating
14 Horst Saiger - Team ILR/Mark Coverdal
15 Jamie Coward - KW Electrical/CMS/SB Tuning
17 John Barton - Wemoto.com
18 James Chawke - WH Racing
19 Daley Mathison - WH Racing
20 Dominic Herbertson - Cowton Racing
TeamHavocRacing

Davey Todd won at Hengelo, the Dutch real road race this weekend as we approach the Northwest 200 next weekend.

Here's a full lap of the TT with only three crashes!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Saw that title on youtube, didn't realize it was a video game in the thumbnail :lol:
TeamHavocRacing

Gotta have one or two clickbaiters. :twisted:
TeamHavocRacing

North West 200 – First Supersport qualifying results, are as follows:

1 Alastair Seeley 4.37.073
2 Lee Johnston 4.37.255
3 James Hillier 4.38.186
4 Michael Dunlop 4.38.734
5 Dean Harrison 4.40.044
6 Peter Hickman 4.41.219
7 Paul Jordan 4.43.414
8 Davey Todd 4.44.460
9 Ian Hutchinson 4.44.582
10 Gary Johnson 4.44.908
11 Conor Cummins 4.45.884
12 Derek McGee 4.46.732
13 Christian Elkin 4.49.313
14 Michael Sweeney 4.50.007
15 David Johnson 4.53.186
16 Pierre Yves Bian 4.53.217
17 Nathan Harrison 4.55.516
18 Darren Cooper 4.56.968
19 Joe Loughlin 4.57.053
20 Daley Mathison 4.57.281
TeamHavocRacing

The NW 200 Supersport race is in the books. I'll let them tell the tale...

After a six lap drama filled, pulsating, compelling, memorable Tides Restaurant Supersport race, Ashcourt Racing’s Lee Johnston took his tally of North West 200 victories to four.

It wasn’t an easy victory though for the now seven times International Road Race winner, who was embroiled throughout in a world class battle with Triangle course record holder Alastair Seeley.

The duo alongside Silicone Engineering Racing’s Dean Harrison, James Hillier and Paul Jordan, were part of a breakaway five rider group who battled it out in great style for class honours.

By the time lap five entered the horizon, just over a second covered the leading group, which would soon reduce from five strong to four strong, as Logan Racing Yamaha mounted Jordan dropped out of contention, returning at the Mill Road.

One of the themes throughout laps five and six, of another truly brilliant Supersport encounter was the sheer amount of slip streaming going on, as Johnston, Seeley, Harrison and Hillier regularly swapped the race lead, with three of the four excluding Silicone Engineering Racing’s Harrison, all enjoying race lead tenures.

The sixth and final lap, which provided a big shock to the pre race predictors, was nothing short of unpredictable.

It seemed as if EHA Racing’s Seeley had the race sewn up, as he entered the Juniper Hill Chicane, but then he made an unforeseen error, ran wide and parted company with his YZF R6 Yamaha steed.

This allowed Ashcourt Racing’s Johnston to move back into the race lead, which he maintained to the chequered flag, claiming race spoils by just 0.73 of a second, over respected rival, good friend Harrison.

Quattro Plant Wicked Coatings Kawasaki’s Hillier finalised the rostrum finishers, whilst fourth place on the results sheet went the way of 18 times TT winner Michael Dunlop, who produced a solid, accomplished performance.

PreZ Racing’s Jamie Coward was a fine fifth, Honda Racing’s Ian Hutchinson clinched sixth as Davey Todd, Gary Johnson, Michael Sweeney and WH Racing’s Daley Mathison rounded out the top ten finishers.

Others to enjoy strong rides included lead newcomer Nathan Harrison (13th), Pierre Yves Bian (14th), Joe Loughlin (16th) and Spain’s Victor Lopez Santos (19th).

North West 200: Tides Restaurant Supersport race results, full results to follow:

1 Lee Johnston
2 Dean Harrison
3 James Hillier
4 Michael Dunlop
5 Jamie Coward
6 Ian Hutchinson
7 Davey Todd
8 Gary Johnson
9 Michael Sweeney
10 Daley Mathison
11 Christian Elkin
12 Horst Saiger
13 Nathan Harrison
14 Pierre Yves Bian
15 Xavier Denis
16 Joe Loughlin
17 Dominic Herbertson
18 Tom Weeden
19 Victor Lopez Santos
20 Darren Cooper
TeamHavocRacing

Go Hicky!
North West 200: Hickman Dominates Opening Superstock Encounter
By Stevie Rial

There was no stopping Smiths Racing’s Peter Hickman in this evening’s Bayview Hotel Superstock race, at the 90th anniversary North West 200, as the world’s fastest road racer took his event wins tally into double figures.

Steadily overhauling on lap 1 the Quattro Plant Wicked Coatings Kawasaki duo of Glenn Irwin and James Hillier, Hickman backed up and some the form he showed in the prior qualifying sessions, establishing by the completion of lap three, a race lead of just over 2.4 seconds.

From here, the now 13 times International Road Race winner turned on the style and upped the race lead to plus three seconds, before ultimately emerging victorious by nigh on 1.9 seconds, over tenacious lead pursuer Irwin.

Completing the race rostrum finishers behind lead Kawasaki runner Irwin, was none other than Michael Dunlop.

Chipping away pace wise throughout the six lap encounter, he just had enough gritty race craft, solid pace to keep at bay early race front runner Hillier, holding at the chequered flag over the 2013 Lightweight TT winner, an advantage of just under half a second.

Ashcourt Racing’s Lee Johnston placed fifth, whilst lead newcomer Buildbase Suzuki’s Richard Cooper, impressed many on route to claiming an excellent top six finish.

Wrapping up the first ten finishers behind Triangle circuit debutant Cooper were PreZ Racing’s in form Jamie Coward, Penz 13 BMW’s Daley Mathison, BE Racing In Conjunction With Richardson Kelly Racing’s Derek Sheils and Dafabet Devitt Racing’s Paul Jordan.

Outside the aforementioned competitors, others to enjoy productive Superstock stints included Erno Kostamo (11th), Kris Duncan (14th), Matt Rees (15th), Lukas Maurer (16th) and James Chawke (17th).

We must mention as well how high the attrition rate was, within the six lap Superstock encounter, which saw just 25 racers complete the capacity race distance.

Notable retirements included Honda Racing’s Ian Hutchinson, Davey Todd, Michael Rutter, Gary Johnson, plus Dean Harrison who was on course for a podium finish, before sliding off at University Corner.

North West 200: Bayview Hotel Superstock race results, are as follows:

1 Peter Hickman
2 Glenn Irwin
3 Michael Dunlop
4 James Hillier
5 Lee Johnston
6 Richard Cooper
7 Jamie Coward
8 Daley Mathison
9 Derek Sheils
10 Paul Jordan
11 Erno Kostamo
12 Stefano Bonetti
13 Xavier Denis
14 Kris Duncan
15 Matt Rees
16 Lukas Maurer
17 James Chawke
18 Chris Green
19 Raul Torras Martinez
20 Donald MacFadyen
21 Mark Goodings
22 Paul Gartland
23 Stephen Degnan
24 Patricia Fernandez
25 Andy Sellars