Flames Jewart

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
m121c

Re: Flames Jewart

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:some fat kid
Not true and you know it. Jeremy McGrath won more SX races and doesn't call himself the goat. Little Ricky does cuz he's a dick. He may have had a perfect outdoor season, but he's not all time.
2 perfect seasons*
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

If he won more SX's than MC, I'd call him GOAT. He calls himself the goat, which is lame as.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

He won a lot more than McGrath against riders that were actually good.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing

Oh, shut up.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Undefeated in outdoor championships against riders who trained.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys........... Who cares?
TeamHavocRacing

People that care about hard facts. Explaining the asterisk next to the GOAT is useless.
m121c

Post by m121c »

RC4 is not the best. He only has 12 premier class AMA titles and 2 perfect seasons:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:People that care about hard facts. Explaining the asterisk next to the GOAT is useless.
James Stewart with his 3 premier class titles and one perfect season against an already retiring Kevin Windham however:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Tribute to the best.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

It's gonna be pretty hard to say who was/is the greatest to ever do it. However I think we can all agree James is the fastest man to ever throw a leg over a dirtbike.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Jeremy150 wrote:It's gonna be pretty hard to say who was/is the greatest to ever do it. However I think we can all agree James is the fastest man to ever throw a leg over a dirtbike.
I think the opposite. Its pretty easy to see who has been the best overall racer in history. Like him or not, RC with all his titles, wins, etc. was the best. Sure he didn’t beat Mcgraths SX records but he was a lot closer to that than Mcgrath was to any of Carmicheals other accolades.

Speed however is subjective. RC has beaten JS straight up, JS has been beaten straight up multiple times by the likes of RD and RV. How can we define what is the fastest? Herlings, AC, and ET are on incredible levels against top guys right now. ET beat KR and RD by over a minute one time. RV spanked the world (including RC) on a 250f. So no I don’t agree. He was definitely the fastest at one time, but of all time? Highly subjective.
TeamHavocRacing

Everyone knows the best was Guy Cooper anyway.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

I agree that Ricky is the GOAT. However, If we're going to call somebody the greatest of all time, I think it's fair to call the one person who could consistently out pace him and sometimes even beat him straight up, the fastest man to ever throw a leg over a dirtbike.
TeamHavocRacing

This is a similar argument as to the greatest F1 driver. A lot of people default to Michael Schumacher or Ayrton Senna. Juan Manuel Fangio would be who they chose because he survived the era before seatbelts etc. Sometimes hard facts don't bear out things like that.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

In my opinion, James is not the fastest man to ever ride a dirtbike, but he's certainly the most naturally talented.
Ricky on the other hand is undoubtly the best of all time, 2 perfect seasons, 10 consecutive mx titles, 2005 close to a 3rd perfect season against Stewart, dethroned the King and the list goes on and on and on... facts don't lie.
But yeah, I also agree, MC is the King of SX, but nothing more than that.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Everyone knows the best was Guy Cooper anyway.
Agreed. No one who saw Cooper race in person would disagree.

One thing about the King vs the Goat, the King started a lot of bad trends like SX only and skipping the MXdN. The Goat reversed that. I like McGrath and I think he understood the physics of MX better than any other rider but that stuff bothered me.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.