Flames Jewart

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
m121c
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby m121c » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:37 am

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:some fat kid

Not true and you know it. Jeremy McGrath won more SX races and doesn't call himself the goat. Little Ricky does cuz he's a dick. He may have had a perfect outdoor season, but he's not all time.


2 perfect seasons*

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 6663
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:50 am

If he won more SX's than MC, I'd call him GOAT. He calls himself the goat, which is lame as.
jlv wrote:I disagree with your disagreement.

User avatar
KTM57
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Adept
Location: TX

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby KTM57 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:53 am

He won a lot more than McGrath against riders that were actually good.

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 6663
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:54 am

Oh, shut up.
jlv wrote:I disagree with your disagreement.

User avatar
KTM57
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Adept
Location: TX

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby KTM57 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:02 am

Undefeated in outdoor championships against riders who trained.

damon99
Posts: 1244
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm
Team: MXSG
Location: Indiana

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby damon99 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:09 am

Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys........... Who cares?
Image

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 6663
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:08 am

People that care about hard facts. Explaining the asterisk next to the GOAT is useless.
jlv wrote:I disagree with your disagreement.

m121c
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby m121c » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:07 pm

RC4 is not the best. He only has 12 premier class AMA titles and 2 perfect seasons:

TeamHavocRacing wrote:People that care about hard facts. Explaining the asterisk next to the GOAT is useless.


James Stewart with his 3 premier class titles and one perfect season against an already retiring Kevin Windham however:

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Tribute to the best.

User avatar
Jeremy150
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 am
Team: MV Films

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby Jeremy150 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:11 pm

It's gonna be pretty hard to say who was/is the greatest to ever do it. However I think we can all agree James is the fastest man to ever throw a leg over a dirtbike.
Image

m121c
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby m121c » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Jeremy150 wrote:It's gonna be pretty hard to say who was/is the greatest to ever do it. However I think we can all agree James is the fastest man to ever throw a leg over a dirtbike.


I think the opposite. Its pretty easy to see who has been the best overall racer in history. Like him or not, RC with all his titles, wins, etc. was the best. Sure he didn’t beat Mcgraths SX records but he was a lot closer to that than Mcgrath was to any of Carmicheals other accolades.

Speed however is subjective. RC has beaten JS straight up, JS has been beaten straight up multiple times by the likes of RD and RV. How can we define what is the fastest? Herlings, AC, and ET are on incredible levels against top guys right now. ET beat KR and RD by over a minute one time. RV spanked the world (including RC) on a 250f. So no I don’t agree. He was definitely the fastest at one time, but of all time? Highly subjective.

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 6663
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Everyone knows the best was Guy Cooper anyway.
jlv wrote:I disagree with your disagreement.

User avatar
Jeremy150
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 am
Team: MV Films

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby Jeremy150 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 pm

I agree that Ricky is the GOAT. However, If we're going to call somebody the greatest of all time, I think it's fair to call the one person who could consistently out pace him and sometimes even beat him straight up, the fastest man to ever throw a leg over a dirtbike.
Image

User avatar
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 6663
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 pm

This is a similar argument as to the greatest F1 driver. A lot of people default to Michael Schumacher or Ayrton Senna. Juan Manuel Fangio would be who they chose because he survived the era before seatbelts etc. Sometimes hard facts don't bear out things like that.
jlv wrote:I disagree with your disagreement.

User avatar
Andy_Hack
Posts: 2292
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am
Team: SplitFire
Location: Germany/Bavaria
Contact:

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby Andy_Hack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:56 pm

In my opinion, James is not the fastest man to ever ride a dirtbike, but he's certainly the most naturally talented.
Ricky on the other hand is undoubtly the best of all time, 2 perfect seasons, 10 consecutive mx titles, 2005 close to a 3rd perfect season against Stewart, dethroned the King and the list goes on and on and on... facts don't lie.
But yeah, I also agree, MC is the King of SX, but nothing more than that.
Photobucket sucks.

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12855
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Flames Jewart

Postby jlv » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Everyone knows the best was Guy Cooper anyway.

Agreed. No one who saw Cooper race in person would disagree.

One thing about the King vs the Goat, the King started a lot of bad trends like SX only and skipping the MXdN. The Goat reversed that. I like McGrath and I think he understood the physics of MX better than any other rider but that stuff bothered me.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests