MXGP PRO

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
damon99
Team: MXSG

MXGP PRO

Post by damon99 »

Ok. So let's talk about this game. I just got it last night and played my first race in "Extreme Career" mode.

It took me about 2 hours to complete that one event! And I surprisingly wasn't getting bored playing the same track for that long. They have made the game actually so challenging to play, that I actually got lapped by the top 3 in my qualifying race... And in my first moto.. I've never fought so hard for 18th place in a motocross game... They've created a legitimate skill gap here.

Now, as for the physics and stuff...

I believe they have overall improved their physics. It's less floaty in the air. More controlled rider movement. Throttle/clutch control is ridiculously important in this game. Cornering is good as always with these milestone games.
The whips are... not great.. They are actually difficult to land as you have to land pretty perfect to not get all squirrely when you land... but they just don't look good.

Right now.. I would recommend this game. Especially to people who ride irl, because I feel like those who do will appreciate it the most. But I would only recommend it if you're ok with playing on the hardest settings/bike controls.
If you just like to throw cool whips in mx games.. this is not for you. Go buy MvA All Out.

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on the game so far.
nickuzick

Re: MXGP PRO

Post by nickuzick »

I'm not playing it for a super realistic experience. I'm just having a lot of fun ripping around on a 125 in my career modes
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

I actually just played on a 250 2 stroke for the first time... and holy crap.. that might actually be the most fun bike in the whole game. And it sounds really good too!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'm happy with my purchase but it's not entirely perfect. Its fun, I've put in just as many hours in this as I did MESX in two days but there are some really annoying aspects. Online doing moto's there is no weather selector, not a huge deal except that literally, every race is randomly wet. Overall online though has decent netcode to allow for close racing but there are a few times the predictions will have you just clean someone out. I like that there is an MX game for the masses that puts emphasis on corner speed but I'm not a fan of how they did it. I wish the ruts and outsides did more to hold you so there could be more line choice because as it is just a road game of hitting apexes. Deformation is once again just a shovel behind removing dirt and hitting a limit after two laps. MXS has by far the best model and I don't think you can do better, only replicate it. The air physics are still really dumb and I can't tell if scrubs are actually beneficial. Then there is also it forcing you to land and timing. Compared to what we had with MESX this is a huge step forward but landing on the rear wheel is actually worse than flat landing to your front wheel and also occasions where you are riding the rear wheel and it will slam the front into the ground and stops all forward momentum. Then there is the AI who is fast but they are ridiculous at constantly trying to push you in a corner and then they are solid as a rock so if you get landed on/land on them or try and push back you will almost always lose.

In saying all that though the game is pretty fun. I enjoy the challenge the AI provide as on realistic settings it does limit you to 1 or 2 crashes before you lose sight of getting 3rd place. Being consistent is hard making even a 30 minute moto fun through the whole thing. The bikes seem even enough for competitive edges that I've seen so far. The two strokes are some of the most fun ways to play the game and going balls out on a KX125 to feel good about a 5th is strangely cool. If they could improve the track deformation I think it would help their ground physics enough without any groundbreaking changes. The air physics has been the same for a few games and I think they should just try again there because I'm not sure if this can ever feel right. The graphics are the best an MX game has ever had and the inclusion of Ansel will make some awesome screenshots.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Guess I don't need another Milestone dirtbike game that bad then.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.