MCM Factory relaunch!

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis

Re: MCM Factory relaunch!

Post by Ddavis »

I'll use sim 2 physics. The original physics are just too floaty lol
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I still have a lot of stuff for the game if someone wants something specific. I always thought the sim physics II were what was mainly used, and pretty good. Not sure when the new site will be up, as it's past the 30th and still shows the same image though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

yzmxer608 wrote:I still have a lot of stuff for the game if someone wants something specific. I always thought the sim physics II were what was mainly used, and pretty good. Not sure when the new site will be up, as it's past the 30th and still shows the same image though.
I'd love to have the object packs to ride the custom tracks (not sure if they're required).

I can't wait to see if all of the old tracks are still on the website. There's probably a thousand tracks I'd love to go back and spin at least one lap on for some nostalgia.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Sandhapper wrote:I could try and put WW Ranch in MVA. I'd have to figure everything out again though. Can't remember how to use multiex anymore. Anyone got some tutorials?
MultiEx is actually quite easy, shouldn't take too long to get used to it again without tutorials. Same with Milkshape and all the other programs we used.
Purchased MultiEx commander som year back, but it didn't seem to work to extract the MVA .pak files, wanted to try and "import" some track... Any idea why?
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Wahlamt wrote:Purchased MultiEx commander som year back, but it didn't seem to work to extract the MVA .pak files, wanted to try and "import" some track... Any idea why?
I lost my key and the original download to it, so I wanted to buy it once again a few months ago, turned out that MultiEx is free now, but hell it wouldn't work either. I thought it'd only be me though.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Andy_Hack wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Purchased MultiEx commander som year back, but it didn't seem to work to extract the MVA .pak files, wanted to try and "import" some track... Any idea why?
I lost my key and the original download to it, so I wanted to buy it once again a few months ago, turned out that MultiEx is free now, but hell it wouldn't work either. I thought it'd only be me though.
So I wasted my 5$?! You think he'd do anything about it or is it too insignificant?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Wahlamt wrote:too insignificant
I still have the original CD in its jewel case. Or was it a DVD? I'm not even going to go look on my shelf and check . This kind of retro gaming is definitely too short lived to waste the keystrokes and drive space. I've got five different off road motorcycle simulations installed already. I had moved on to sim by the time the Rev physics even dropped. I tried going back then and it wasn't worth it. You kids have your fun though!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:too insignificant
I still have the original CD in its jewel case. Or was it a DVD? I'm not even going to go look on my shelf and check . This kind of retro gaming is definitely too short lived to waste the keystrokes and drive space. I've got five different off road motorcycle simulations installed already. I had moved on to sim by the time the Rev physics even dropped. I tried going back then and it wasn't worth it. You kids have your fun though!
I bought MCM2 on amazon about 6 months ago I think, and received the MCM2 jewel case, but mx vs atv unleashed was inside of it. (it is a CD btw)
TeamHavocRacing

Whenever I installed MCM or MCM2 it was someone else's. I got Unleashed for PC and that's all. Got way too many obsolete old PC games. I also have a box full of PC Gamer mags and a bunch of cover discs that go with them. Anyone interested or do you think anyone would be?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
sethypeety

Post by sethypeety »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Whenever I installed MCM or MCM2 it was someone else's. I got Unleashed for PC and that's all. Got way too many obsolete old PC games. I also have a box full of PC Gamer mags and a bunch of cover discs that go with them. Anyone interested or do you think anyone would be?
I am very interested. I really like to check out the old school stuff and see how "things used to be" if you want to put it that way.
TeamHavocRacing

Well, I still have Windows 3.1 on 7 floppies and Flight Sim 5 on a single 5-1/4" floppy. I bet those disks are all corrupted. I also have an IBM 486 with a Turbo button and an AdLib soundcard in a horizontal desktop case that you would set your monochrome, CGA, EGA...or if you were lucky a VGA monitor on top of. I could only find one pic! Now go change your undies!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Any word on if MCM will actually relaunch?
sethypeety

Post by sethypeety »

Ddavis wrote:Any word on if MCM will actually relaunch?
The guy has everything ready to go , he is just running a little bit behind.
sethypeety

Post by sethypeety »

Hey guys, Just letting you know the sight is finally back up, most of the links are still broken but being worked on

http://virtualdirt.com/
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

My tracks if anyone wants to look them up.. the links don't work now so I can't really post them :(