Post your BMX bikes!

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis

Post your BMX bikes!

Post by Ddavis »

How many of you guys ride BMX? I rode a 2010 Fit TRL 3 since 2011 and I finally decided to buy a new bike (mainly due to my brother turning my old bike into a trampoline bike, then never using it). So I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, plus it's a nicer way to get to class on a BMX bike than trying to find parking for 20 minutes :lol:

I ended up choosing the Kink Whip

I'll take pics of my actual bike once I get it, but this thing looks sick! It should get here around Tuesday I think 8)

Here's some old pics of me on my Fit

gotta love old flip phone pics of you scrubbing a quarter pipe like a dirt bike :lol:

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Post your BMX bikes!

Post by yzmxer608 »

My Haro X3, a pretty old bike. I haven't ridden it in probably a year and a half since I have my 29er now that I use for longer rides. It's in the house to make more room in the shed outside :lol:.

Has some cheap alloy pedals after the stock plastic ones cracked under normal riding. Also redline chain tensioners after getting pissed off however many times trying to get that back wheel straight with proper tension, I really need to get a full half link chain to use the tensioners correctly though.

I have lines and fittings to make the whole lower brake setup completely dual (from the lower gyro to each brake arm). I was having problems with not being able to center the wheel in the brake arms or one side pulling more than the other and one pad would rub. I really need to get that setup. Oh, and I guess I bought the soft pads because they squeal hella loud when braking.

Here's my previous bike, Haro backtrail X1. Always thought the frame looked cool. I ovalized the rear hub just jumping those plastic ramps you could buy from like Target or wherever. 14mm axles front and back and 48 spokes I don't think I had any other wheel problems.

I can't manual at all, but could do pretty long wheelies on the X1. Once I got the X3 I can't do them anymore. Not sure if it's the compact gearing affecting me or frame geometry (final ration is pretty close so it shouldn't really matter), I can't even wheelie on my 29er now.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

i have a failure maniac that i built back in 2014. The frame was originally puruple but i powder coated it last year to rose gold. Im in the process of building a new bike from the ground up. I only ride park and dirt. Ill ride street sometimes, but only if i have my coaster on. So i actually have two sets of wheels. I have my profile minis that are LE desert camo, there is only 100 made, laced to white sun envy rims. Then i have my coaster set that are chrome shadow hubs laced to chrome oddesey hazzard lites.

in these pictures was after i blew up my front tire and had to have a backup so they didnt match. it bothered me so much. this picture was a few months ago before i left for woodward west. I have a different chain because i snapped the on in the picture.

Now some pics i have from me riding, some will be full quality and some wont. it just depends if i have the pics in my phone or i have to gyazo from my insta. also you should follow me if you dont @zoa.cross

sorry for the page rape...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yeah, I suck. Congrats on being gnar on a bike!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

yzmxer608 wrote:Yeah, I suck. Congrats on being gnar on a bike!
im bad but thank you
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

How is it to ride a bike without a brake? I always panic when I can't brake, but I see that it's very common on BMX bikes to run no brake... So how do you brake? Does it take long to get used to? Do you ever "get in trouble" for it (crashing etc)?

Looks good Zoa :)
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Wahlamt wrote:How is it to ride a bike without a brake? I always panic when I can't brake, but I see that it's very common on BMX bikes to run no brake... So how do you brake? Does it take long to get used to? Do you ever "get in trouble" for it (crashing etc)?

Looks good Zoa :)
I used to run brakes from the time I started-3 years ago. I noticed I would you my brakes a lot to bitch out of doing things and stopping before hitting a new jump. You brake with your foot in the back tire, and to slow down in bowls and stuff you counter pump. Instead of pumping the transition, you pump before and after it to kill your speed. For me personally it didn’t take me long, but I noticed a huge shift in the progression of my riding. I don’t “get in trouble” very often if I do it’s more like messing, but I was cruzing around and cars will pull out on me and I have to swerve super hard. All in all I prefer this way now it just makes things easier and I have to commit to things now
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I usually ride a lot of street and I'd brake by either skidding my feet on the ground or putting my foot in the back tire. If I'm riding on the street itself I'd try to kick out the rear tire to lose some speed or find some dirt or grass to slow myself down.

Btw Zoa you're pretty fucking good on a bike don't pull that Im bad shit :lol:
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Zoa is a shredder.
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

I used to ride bmx from early 2000 to about 2011. I don't have pictures of my bike at hand and it's in the storage in pieces atm but here are some of the highlights of me with my bike.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

NoFear345 wrote:Zoa is a shredder.
Ddavis wrote:I usually ride a lot of street and I'd brake by either skidding my feet on the ground or putting my foot in the back tire. If I'm riding on the street itself I'd try to kick out the rear tire to lose some speed or find some dirt or grass to slow myself down.

Btw Zoa you're pretty fucking good on a bike don't pull that Im bad shit :lol:
Thank guys but I really do suck. I have so much to work on
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

MOTOZ293 wrote:but I really do suck.
Meanwhile I tried to whip it like this twice in a row

and this happened...

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Zoa I do get the point about bitching out, that's why I like brakes 8)
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

I got me a built Fiend Reynolds frame, Macneil Destroyer hubs and rims, Fit stem and bars, Odyssey seat and whatever else I could salvage off my old bikes to build it. My forks got bent under rotating a flip on a dirt double so I don't ride it atm (Well I do but it's sketch). I pretty much only ride dirt jumps and a bit of park but I'm not very good at park. The only clip I have of me riding is this. I'm not that good with technical tricks but flips and spins are my shit. As for the brakes vs no brakes, can't bitch out if you got no brakes :lol:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The look of "I'm old and don't want to crash" :lol: