RBSR 2018

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: RBSR 2018

Post by Pumaxcs »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:RBSR is so much fun to watch! 2 strokes only was amazing. People having so much fun, no pressure! Old guys coming out of retirement. Just a blast! That Sal guy who presented the whole thing was probably the most natural sounding presenter I've ever seen. Think I've watched all but 1 RBSR live, I'll definitely continuing to watch them live! Thanks Red Bull for FREE awesome stuff.
That’s sal masakela. He used to announce for the XGames I’m the 2000s. He’s always been so good at it. Can we replace Ralph with sal? Is there a strawpoll we can vote on? No? Great
The rumor behind the SX schedule being released so late was because NBC and FOX were having a bidding war for SX. Almost had an opportunity for Weedge/Langston SX calls and honestly, just even the thought of it being possible was such a good time for me. Then all the leaks and posters started happening with FOX branding. There is just something special with Weedge that will ever be replaced in our sport and that is a broadcaster who happened to be a moto guy before it paid him. When Ralph tries to explain a tear it literally sounds like he wants Jeff's reassurance sometimes.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

So announcers (Ralph) are signed to Fox? Is he called Weedge? As long as Emig doesn't make him more stupid... Also what does Ralph announce more than SX? Nascar?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Weege is Jason Weigandt who does the US Nationals with Langston. I think Ralph does do Nascar and maybe some other smaller motorsport races.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

RBSR is such a slam dunk. Why it hasn't gotten more attention is beyond me. My wife easily picked up on the format and already knew most of the names so there's that. It seems like it should be a tour.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

It would be hard to fit a straight that long into a stadium :lol:
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Perfect for a dragstrip. Especially if there's room on either side of the pavement.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Actually that's a good point. Though I could see that if they did this into a tour, the hype and "specialness" of RBSR would die rather quickly.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

No way they could do more. The only reason its a thing is because of the riders who show up to race it. Teams, as it is already, aren't a fan of special races so trying to get this as a tour where it cuts even more into SX prep is absolutely out of the question.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.