NBC To Broadcast Monster Energy Supercross Preview

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: NBC To Broadcast Monster Energy Supercross Preview

Post by Pumaxcs »

DBRider251 wrote:$75 to watch Sx, $50 to watch Mx. No wonder this sport is dying.
Sure, it's the $100 to watch everything live on the internet that is killing the sport.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Maybe we could pay some privateers if they would just charge more!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Pumaxcs wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:$75 to watch Sx, $50 to watch Mx. No wonder this sport is dying.
Sure, it's the $100 to watch everything live on the internet that is killing the sport.
You can't grow it if you're suppressing everything. I'm not paying that $125 because I already pay for my TV service that carried it before they made the switch, and that was the main reason I bought the package I did.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

DBRider251 wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:
You can't grow it if you're suppressing everything. I'm not paying that $125 because I already pay for my TV service that carried it before they made the switch, and that was the main reason I bought the package I did.
Belgian here. I can't even buy it. I hope the torrents are in HD.

Also this is indeed killing our sport. Everyone in Belgium knows Stefan Everts, Joël Smets and Marnicq Bervoets, because it was live on TV week after week and the GP's were having a proper 20.000-30.000 attendance. That's +300% more as it is right now (I once had a long chat with Mr Roos who organizes the Valkenswaard GP. He says that if you have 6000 paying spectators that you have a good GP).
The reason Belgians know them is because they had no other choice than watch mx. The crowd will eat what you feed them, we can see that with cyclocross now in Belgium. And putting things behind a paywall isn't going to help anyone but the promoter (on short term). I understand that this entire production costs money, but the question is if you wanna get that money from a selective (dying) fan base or if you wanna offer it for free to millions and get it out of advertisement.

Also because of that pay wall there's no fresh blood coming to the sport. I think 80% of the Belgians attending the GP of Lommel are +50 years old. We now have an entire generation who do not even know what motocross is...
And without tying to sound biased, I have been to a lot of (sport)events the last 2 years. And besides a grand gaming tournament like ESL Cologne there is nothing which matches the excitement of going to a motocross race. With car racing you see 1 turn and have to be lucky there are big screens, with cycling you see them for a split second, with football you're freezing to death in a stadium with too little space....

There is a lot of potential in the sport, but unfortunately the people inside the sport are rusted into their positions and old fashioned. The moment you even think of taking motocross to a next level or suggest something which hasn't been done before they prepare the guillotine and chop your head off. Again taking Belgium as an example... Our Belgian federation doesn't even have an own championship anymore, as a rider you can earn points by racing the selected regional amateur races. This downfall was predicted 7-8 years ago by me and my brother and many others, but every suggestion we threw onto the table was wiped off of it without taking a look it ... And who's laughing now you think ...
And now that the money flow stops (nobody is taking a FMB-BMB license anymore) there are some old dudes resigning from their positions, because they suddenly feel too old ... What a coincidence...

Long story short: We need fresh blood, fresh ideas and it's not going to come by hiding the sport from the public and milk out the reliable yet dying fanbase.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Just went on my TV yesterday and checked. Yep, I have NBCSN. Good to know lol.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Kbrown

Post by Kbrown »

a question for anyone who owns NBC Gold pass, is it possible to share your login with friends? even though there are several different IPs, I did a quick search and some people said it works, what do they tell me?
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

No simultaneous logins but it's not region locked.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Kbrown

Post by Kbrown »

Pumaxcs wrote:No simultaneous logins but it's not region locked.
oh, I was buying to watch with my two friends at the same time, but each in his house, and we talking by discord
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

You can't be logged in at two different locations at the same time. Sounds like what you want is to screen share through a group chat since you are already using discord.

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us ... ideo-Calls
MXS Cares
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I've been able to share an account and simultaneously watch outdoor nationals with my dad the last few years.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Kbrown

Post by Kbrown »

KTM57 wrote:I've been able to share an account and simultaneously watch outdoor nationals with my dad the last few years.
That's what I wanted, but with my friends, could you confirm that? and whether there would be a limit of people simultaneously