Hotfootsteel: a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young gamer

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis

Re: Scrap the current erode system

Post by Ddavis »

I don't think there's an issue with the braking bumps, but there's that awkward in between stage while it's forming where there's a lot of ragged edges and holes that makes the track feel slippery. Once the braking bumps and ruts get built into the track, it's good until the end of the moto.
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Post by reddead422 »

checkerz wrote:
my post wasn't meant to be an insult to you chex i enjoy the erode as it is now i just think its unfair that a large amount of people who know nothing don't give you any real feedback other than saying "it sucks" or whatever. I dont think it sucks i was just saying that the typical feedback you get.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

reddead422 wrote:
jlv wrote:
Would there be a way for you to put the "non breaking bump" edition of erode in while still keeping the current erode system in the game so we can have some community comparisons and opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of both. I don't even know if that would be possible having two different systems at once. But in my opinion, if it were possible it could be very beneficial to chex and the rest of the god tier erode frontiersmen slashing and wacking their way through a forest of blood, sweat, and tears just to receive, "it sucks" as the current feedback. I know not having erode form braking bumps would not be as realistic but i think compromising and having the tracks ride a tad more consistent while still having a form of deformation would be the ideal dream. Who knows just the idea Smidly and I had just now in discord, maybe it's a good idea. I don't know. :D
As Chris said, you can pretty much do this with the right settings. The current system has a lot of flexibility. But ruts without roughness would likely make the lap times get quicker as the track wears which seems unrealistic to me.

Also, it's not rational but it would be disappointing in a way. It'd be like getting your kid a motocross bike for Christmas and having him tell you he wanted a quad instead. I mean, you want to support him in his life decisions but no matter how open minded you try to be you can't help but be disappointed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Post by reddead422 »

jlv wrote:
I didn't even account for laps getting quicker lmao, but you're right laps would just get faster and faster. Cross that idea off the list haha.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

checkerz wrote:If you could learn the erode settings, you could do this easily.

Good luck, have fun.

WWDJD?
NKarassy955
Crushed Dissenter
Team: NCKDecals.com

Post by NKarassy955 »

jlv wrote:
reddead422 wrote:
jlv wrote:
Would there be a way for you to put the "non breaking bump" edition of erode in while still keeping the current erode system in the game so we can have some community comparisons and opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of both. I don't even know if that would be possible having two different systems at once. But in my opinion, if it were possible it could be very beneficial to chex and the rest of the god tier erode frontiersmen slashing and wacking their way through a forest of blood, sweat, and tears just to receive, "it sucks" as the current feedback. I know not having erode form braking bumps would not be as realistic but i think compromising and having the tracks ride a tad more consistent while still having a form of deformation would be the ideal dream. Who knows just the idea Smidly and I had just now in discord, maybe it's a good idea. I don't know. :D
As Chris said, you can pretty much do this with the right settings. The current system has a lot of flexibility. But ruts without roughness would likely make the lap times get quicker as the track wears which seems unrealistic to me.

Also, it's not rational but it would be disappointing in a way. It'd be like getting your kid a motocross bike for Christmas and having him tell you he wanted a quad instead. I mean, you want to support him in his life decisions but no matter how open minded you try to be you can't help but be disappointed.
That's Deep
motomaniak
Team: ART

Post by motomaniak »

Typical Americans, can't ride in the rough :lol:
Tim Aarntzen | ART/MFG
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

I mean who would want a quad instead of a bike anyways? :?
eblock_15

Post by eblock_15 »

AHeckman2 wrote:I mean who would want a quad instead of a bike anyways? :?
idk maybe those good ole mud boggers
I am the one and only Larry Lawn Dart, if you see me on the track I will probably be on the ground - Eli Block
HotFootSteel
Team: Privateer

Post by HotFootSteel »

-the current erode system does not seem realistic at all

-does not work on the whole track only corners

-The shape of the ruts that form look and feel nothing like real life

-It feels like the lower terrain tool is attached to the rear tire and the front tire does nothing to the track so its like riding on bumpy cement

-FPS goes from 125 to 15 constantly and cause unnecessary contract between riders

-we would probably have a better overall system if the erode system were built today rather than in 2008.

-comparing 2017 to 2018 traction keeping your momentum is more important on the erode tracks as it seems to be a bit more "slick" feeling

-The original version (from way before the current online version) worked by tracking the roost. I think that's why I called it "erode", because the roost was eroding away the dirt. Turns out roost is not the major factor in how a motocross track deforms so it didn't work well at all.(low key admitted you have no clue how dirt works in real life)

-The game tries not to move the ground under your wheels because it makes things inconsistent.(Stupid fuck dont call it a simulator if it does not even simulate how dirt pushes)

- If it didn't do braking bumps I doubt people like HotFootSteel would have cared or even noticed(Has nothing to do with your precious braking bumps, It has every thing to do with the gaming being so shit it cant even simulate how dirt pushes correctly)

- I don't have any ideas to further improve the actual deformation(again low key admitted you have no clue how dirt pushes in real life)

-always had a feeling if the ground moved under you, it could hold you in such "material" as sand and give a nicer feel. As it stands, sim has always felt like hard packed dirt that has varied rates of slipperiness.(JLV READ YOU STUPID FUCK, how many people have to come out and say the game feels fake and does push dirt so its like riding on slippery concrete)

- There's a reason only Chris and yourself play with the current erode in such depth and no one else

-quads suck but this community just assume alot about people they have no idea who they are to talk shit to each other, cool.

JLV ignored all these points because he has no idea how to fix the problem, good thing he has aheckman tonging his ass hole and other people trying to fix it for him.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

JLV keep this guy around for motivation. I see the world in a whole new way now. I am so inspired right now to know everything about everything!!!
RH154
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Censored

Post by RH154 »

HotFootSteel wrote:-the current erode system does not seem realistic at all

-does not work on the whole track only corners

-The shape of the ruts that form look and feel nothing like real life

-It feels like the lower terrain tool is attached to the rear tire and the front tire does nothing to the track so its like riding on bumpy cement

-FPS goes from 125 to 15 constantly and cause unnecessary contract between riders

-we would probably have a better overall system if the erode system were built today rather than in 2008.

-comparing 2017 to 2018 traction keeping your momentum is more important on the erode tracks as it seems to be a bit more "slick" feeling

-The original version (from way before the current online version) worked by tracking the roost. I think that's why I called it "erode", because the roost was eroding away the dirt. Turns out roost is not the major factor in how a motocross track deforms so it didn't work well at all.(low key admitted you have no clue how dirt works in real life)

-The game tries not to move the ground under your wheels because it makes things inconsistent.(Stupid fuck dont call it a simulator if it does not even simulate how dirt pushes)

- If it didn't do braking bumps I doubt people like HotFootSteel would have cared or even noticed(Has nothing to do with your precious braking bumps, It has every thing to do with the gaming being so shit it cant even simulate how dirt pushes correctly)

- I don't have any ideas to further improve the actual deformation(again low key admitted you have no clue how dirt pushes in real life)

-always had a feeling if the ground moved under you, it could hold you in such "material" as sand and give a nicer feel. As it stands, sim has always felt like hard packed dirt that has varied rates of slipperiness.(JLV READ YOU STUPID FUCK, how many people have to come out and say the game feels fake and does push dirt so its like riding on slippery concrete)

- There's a reason only Chris and yourself play with the current erode in such depth and no one else

-quads suck but this community just assume alot about people they have no idea who they are to talk shit to each other, cool.

JLV ignored all these points because he has no idea how to fix the problem, good thing he has aheckman tonging his ass hole and other people trying to fix it for him.
You join the forums 14 days ago homie,Why do you have so much to say? Make a game like this for yourself then compare it to sim. Obviously erode isn’t the best but it has definitely progressed since it was brought into the racing scene.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

HotFootSteel wrote:...
Merry Christmas!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

HotFootSteel wrote:...
enjoy your life as a douche bag
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I just love this whole HotFootSteel saga to death. I wish I could claim the account as one my mine, but I can’t. Usually the complete cluelessness would be my favorite part of the gag, but fingering MX Bikes as the better dirt physics simulator is actually the best part of it if you think about it.

Hats off to whoever came up with this account.