New pc build not Turing on

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
pbjfilms
Team: Privateer

New pc build not Turing on

Post by pbjfilms »

I recently just upgraded my pc with rtx 2070 and i7 8700k
and a new motherboard that supports my 8700k but I have everything plugged in where it should but my pc still doesn’t turn on. I get the debug error for my processor but I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Processor is in the socket right. It acts like there is no power going into anything but it’s plugged in.
I have a 750 w power supply
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: New pc build not Turing on

Post by Pumaxcs »

Can you post links to the things you have? Motherboard and RAM specifically?

Chances are a cable isn't pushed in all the way or maybe a RAM slot isn't in/working.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Anarchy-1866 ... 0204763589

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075GVJG ... p_mb_pd_t2

I know everything is plugged in good because I rebuilt it at least 3 times I’m worried that my motherboard isn’t working
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Make sure you have the memory in the right slots. Then use only one at a time to make sure its not a bad stick. I think its much more likely bad RAM than a motherboard.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

Pumaxcs wrote:Make sure you have the memory in the right slots. Then use only one at a time to make sure its not a bad stick. I think its much more likely bad RAM than a motherboard.
I tried moving the ram around and still nothing idk what to do at this point
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

Do you maybe think the power supply is bad because when everything is on none of my leds or Cade fans come on. I don’t know what else to think because I’ve check every cord, the ram, just about everything
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Is it plugged in?
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

Phathry25 wrote:Is it plugged in?
Lmao yes :roll:
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Have you tried re-seating the CPU? Do you have another power supply to test with? Have you tried booting it with nothing plugged in besides needed power (for example unplug all drives, external peripherals etc.)?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

yzmxer608 wrote:Have you tried re-seating the CPU? Do you have another power supply to test with? Have you tried booting it with nothing plugged in besides needed power (for example unplug all drives, external peripherals etc.)?
I tried reseating the cpu and tried with only needed power and still nothing. I do not have a extra power supply which really sucks rn
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Have you reset the CMOS (pull the watch battery from the motherboard out and let it sit a bit and put it back in, with power disconnected). Kind of just shooting in the dark here.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

yzmxer608 wrote:Have you reset the CMOS (pull the watch battery from the motherboard out and let it sit a bit and put it back in, with power disconnected). Kind of just shooting in the dark here.
Yes I tried that yesterday. And I put my old motherboard in with my old processor which worked and put it back in just to see what would happen and I got the same cpu debug error. So I’m lost on what I’m doing wrong
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

The link you put for the memory is for a ddr3 kit and the motherboard you linked needs ddr4 but since I don't think you can physically plug a ddr3 stick into a ddr4 slot, I assume it's just a mistake.

Have you plugged both power connectors to the motherboard?
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

I finally got it turned on I put it in my old case and it worked idk why that would happen but now none of my usb works and no display that’s the next issue I’m working on I have never had problems like this on a build
pbjfilms

Post by pbjfilms »

Now that I have everything turn on do you think the motherboard is bad because none of the usb works on the actually motherboard or display