2019 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Re: 2019 SX Discussion

Post by tyskorn »

Trying to get free shit.
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

dawsonsleeper wrote:
KTM57 wrote:Ricky telling Ralph "you gotta stop, dude."
what was the context? i missed that.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Ralph referenced Atlanta as Juliana's birthplace 3 or 4 times over the span of about 25 seconds. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

KTM57 wrote:Ralph referenced Atlanta as Juliana's birthplace 3 or 4 times over the span of about 25 seconds. :lol:
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
JT402
Team: Privateer

Post by JT402 »

So what do you recon, is Jordan Smith gonna get DQ'd for the 52mm cone valve forks or are they gonna let it slide. I mean they probably wont do anything unless someone takes out Barcia with a pair on their bike... hehe
Some animal's are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night, it's only you can't... 'cause its night...
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

No idea what's going on, forks being too big? 52 instead of 50mm?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

There was a discussion on Vital about how suspension in the 250 class needs to be valued under a certain value and be available for everyone to use, but it's claimed the 52mm forks KTM and Husky use aren't available to privateers. But Michael Lindsay contacted them and they can be bought.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Ah, like how they run ridicolously priced stuff in the gp series?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It is different from the works rule but similar. There is supposed to be a limit on monetary value of suspension.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
MX|VISUALS
Team: Privateer

Post by MX|VISUALS »

how much are they? mxa did a review on forkners 250 and they said it had $9500 forks
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

DJ99X wrote:There was a discussion on Vital about how suspension in the 250 class needs to be valued under a certain value and be available for everyone to use, but it's claimed the 52mm forks KTM and Husky use aren't available to privateers. But Michael Lindsay contacted them and they can be bought.
Last year I had a rider who had a set and needed fork seals. They asked for $1100 per fork seal...

It's only an outter tube difference, the cartridge and everything inside is identical to the ones in the 48mm Cone Valves.

Outter tube being a bigger diameter does make them more rigid for sure, but there isn't some type of space age technology inside.

Of course, the mental boost alone of having something nearly unobtainable is definitely going to give you 8 seconds a lap and get you 8 seconds in your daddy's semi with a C level trophy girl.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

checkerz wrote:C level trophy girl.
Do they even have them anymore? From what I see, the Monster girls conspicuously stand in-shot in the background and just smile into the camera. No congrats, kiss or even handing them a trophy. I don't remember who gives out the trophies. Do they get tongue-kissed by the podium finishers?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

checkerz wrote: Last year I had a rider who had a set and needed fork seals. They asked for $1100 per fork seal...

It's only an outter tube difference, the cartridge and everything inside is identical to the ones in the 48mm Cone Valves.

Outter tube being a bigger diameter does make them more rigid for sure, but there isn't some type of space age technology inside.

Of course, the mental boost alone of having something nearly unobtainable is definitely going to give you 8 seconds a lap and get you 8 seconds in your daddy's semi with a C level trophy girl.
What benefit does more rigidity have at the forks? I figured a bit of flex up front might be a good thing. I guess flex can impact the smoothness of travel through the suspension.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

DJ99X wrote:
checkerz wrote: Last year I had a rider who had a set and needed fork seals. They asked for $1100 per fork seal...

What benefit does more rigidity have at the forks? I figured a bit of flex up front might be a good thing. I guess flex can impact the smoothness of travel through the suspension.
For SX, setups have gotten really, really stiff. From what I understand, the steel chassis on a KTM/Husky flex quite a bit more than the aluminum ones on the Jap brands, so that is why you see the larger diameter on those bikes and riders may want the more rigid feel. It's definitely a feel thing and not a flex/performance issue from everything I've heard. Binding from flex isn't something I've heard of ever being an issue, only binding from over tightened triple clamps or axle's put on incorrectly not keeping the forks parallel.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Stiction not an issue anymore with DLC coatings?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.