Thoughts? Gov. Shutdown

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
m121c

Re: Thoughts? Gov. Shutdown

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
m121c wrote:Wow, you have gone batshit Havoc.
You are still in deep denial Mason.
Guess I’m just not “woke” enough as the leftists would say. I should probably go do my “research” now.
Racers52 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:
m121c wrote:Wow, you have gone batshit Havoc.
You are still in deep denial Mason.
Only time Mason is on is to reply to you, doesnt even talk to his old friends :cry:
I sowwey Racecar. School and life got me busy, maybe I’ll drop in soon. Idk what the discord is anymore, Jeremys is pretty quiet now adays when I check it.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

KTM57 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Kinda weird how we were all united and a strong nation after we had a horrific event happen (9/11), then go through one presidency and we hate each other again...
lol. One presidency over the span of 18 years?
The nation was mostly united before Obama and divided after. To doubt such thing is shear stupidity.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

DBRider251 wrote:
KTM57 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Kinda weird how we were all united and a strong nation after we had a horrific event happen (9/11), then go through one presidency and we hate each other again...
lol. One presidency over the span of 18 years?
The nation was mostly united before Obama and divided after. To doubt such thing is sheer* stupidity.
Oof
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Also, to second something to what JLV mentioned about conservatives. Y'all democrats are really trying to get rid of Trump, just to get Pence in behind him. If y'all don't like Trump, how the HELL will you deal with Pence?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Can you quantify that claim in any way, or are you parroting the narrative pushed by Republicans who want to thinly veil the fact that they hate black people?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

...not to say that an entire political party is flawed for that one reason. No sane person has ever chosen a political party and stuck with it like a college football team. That just tends to be the major flaw with one particular sect of blind followers of the red party, and they tend to criticize the Obama administration with no real backup for their claims.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

KTM57 wrote:Can you quantify that claim in any way?
Sure. Bush had 67%R approval rating with only 7%D when he left office. 60% difference, which is a little high, but average is around 55. The norm when a country is united to solve issues. Bush had 88%R and 32%D when he took office, then 98%R and 78%D in Dec 2001. I don't agree with Bush's second term though, I believe he did a lot wrong. Obama started at 41%R and 88%D in 2009 when he took office. January 2017, the week before he left office, it was 14%R and 95%D. 81 points! The parties were divided more than ever after the Obama presidency. Obama pushed that division as well. He basically let people burn down cities for God's sake.
KTM57 wrote:No sane person has ever chosen a political party and stuck with it. That just tends to be the major flaw with one particular sect of blind followers of the red party
You can't call that a red party problem when there are democrats the same way August. There are plenty of people who think Hillary has done no wrong and would be a good president because that's what they've been told and they stick to it.
KTM57 wrote:criticize the Obama administration with no real backup for their claims.
Here we go.

Obama weaponized our enemies.
Obama gave Iran access back to $150 billion dollars that was in frozen accounts. Iran is a known terrorist state with hostile activity against the US before.

Obamacare
Obamacare was great on paper, awful in practice. It was high cost, health premiums went up, and coverage was absolute garbage because it caused most people to lose their family doctors. Which was total bullshit because Obama always said that you could keep your current plan under his plan. Not to mention it forced people to get insurance. So yeah, everyone had insurance, but they had to pay for it! And if you couldn't afford to pay for it, you got fined! WOW, GREAT WORK!

Purged GITMO
Really need explanation?

Pulled troops out of Iraq and Afghan
Great idea 44. Bring the troops home before the war finished. In turn, created such a powerful entity in ISIS

Immigration
Vowed to stop illegal immigration. Instead, he gave amnesty to thousands of DACA kids without going through the proper steps, and never revisited the issue.

Scandals
Fast and Furious. Benghazi. Uranium One.

I have plenty more criticisms, but those are the main ones for now that aren't R vs D based.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Don't slit your wrists, it's gonna be ok, it's just a picture, he can't hurt you here.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DBRider251 wrote: Pulled troops out of Iraq and Afghan
Great idea 44. Bring the troops home before the war finished. In turn, created such a powerful entity in ISIS
I thought that was Bush?
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Ya, no. Don't believe all of this cut 'n paste bullshit. Soooo off base.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I appreciate that you gave me real reasons for your thoughts! That's how a political discussion should be.

Since it's what we were discussing, I think you should look at your statement that upon leaving, Obama had a greater approval rating from his party and the opposition than Bush did on his way out - since that's your measure given for a country divided.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Why discuss details when the whole thing is flawed.

Need to abandon parties, and get back to individual voting vs party voting.

This thread is just another example of the us vs. them tribalism
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

Racers52 wrote: Need to abandon parties, and get back to individual voting vs party voting.
THIS ^^^

https://www.history.com/news/founding-f ... es-opinion
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

DBRider251 wrote: Pulled troops out of Iraq and Afghan
Having been over there myself this was the right decision. The amount of money wasted on both these wars for literally nothing. It was so bad at the end of OEF they were scrapping all the equipment because it was too expensive to ship back (RIP taxpayers money). You really have to be over there and understand the culture of the Afghans. There are many issues such as tribal leaders, geography of the region, poverty, corruption, religion, and a primitive society to name a few. Basically this country is like how the Wild West was in the states years ago. If you remove a major force in the area that vacuum will be filled by others seeking power and control. You saw this in Iraq when Saddam was taken down. Its clear the Afghans are not up to defending their own country. Why continue to waste our time, lives, and money for nothing?