Who believes in God?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: Who believes in God?

Post by DBRider251 »

You do realize that a simulation theory implies there is a God, right?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

First, suspend all belief in what you see, experience and know what works in the real physical world. Then ascribe to the mythological tales as gospel and POOF! You're a believer.
Alls I know is God got real busy for less than one week putting the molten core at the center and building his way out layer by layer and carefully placed the fossil record in just the right places and ancient impact craters here and there, then crumbled the mountains just right and put all of those tectonic plates just so and put erosion lines into canyons and glacial valleys before carefully layering the atmosphere just so only 6,000 years ago! Oh! I almost forgot about how he created man, then woman. Another amazing tale I don't have time for. As long as you don't run your country based on those beliefs, then it might go ok. I'm well versed in the "evangelical science" arguments, like what flat-earthers offer as an alternative, so please...contribute here!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

I've never witnessed an explosion create anything. No explosion has ever created anything, and you expect me to believe an explosion made perfect working order and life on a planet?

All I know is that one day, for no reason at all, this real tiny ball just decided to explode and create a universe! It was really freakin' hot, but after it all cooled down, some single celled organism randomly formed. After a while, it was like "Nah, I don't like being alone" so it just split into 2 beings. Then they did that a lot. I mean, A LOT. Took a while, but over time those beings just decided to start clumping together. After another while, another group decided they didn't want to look like the other group, so they made themselves different. Let's fast forward 14 billion years, and the we see what we have today.

But a wizard in the sky making everything work sounds like an idiotic thing...
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Lane do you know what asexual reproduction is?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

James has some good points. What time do you preach at?
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Never argued against asexual reproduction. But it is odd that we went from asexual to sexual reproduction.
TeamHavocRacing

DBRider251 wrote:Expected drivel...
You do realize most of what you're disputing has been proven or reproduced in a lab, right? Meanwhile, religious types just answer everything with "It's Gods will." or "God works in mysterious ways!" which conveniently resembles "Fake news." as an answer to everything that you disagree with or is inconveniently true. Science was a direct counter to the hocus pocus you're trying to foist on us here Lane. Please lay out proof or evidence against hundreds of years of empirical data proven through a rigorous scientific method. Not some gross over-simplification like our moron-in-chief stating that "if it's snowing, how can there be climate change?"
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Rambling about religious people believing in God, and I somehow bring Trump into it again because I can't go a day without saying orange man bad
Show me where your theories have been reproduced in a lab. I want to see where they blew something up and made a miniature universe.

It's all theory man, and there's no use arguing really because you'll never change your mind, neither will I. I choose to believe in something that makes sense to me. Same reason you choose to believe what you do. Both sound ridiculous to each other. I was just pointing out that I can make your side sound just as crazy as mine.

One thing I do have to say, nothing science has proven has pointed to the fact of their not being a God. Nothing it has proven has been "inconveniently true" to the point of disproving a God. Just people thinking differently.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

No sense arguing with Havoc guys. He was one of those "carefully placed fossils" and you can never replace new found knowledge with life experience.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

DBRider251 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Rambling about religious people believing in God, and I somehow bring Trump into it again because I can't go a day without saying orange man bad
Show me where your theories have been reproduced in a lab. I want to see where they blew something up and made a miniature universe.

It's all theory man, and there's no use arguing really because you'll never change your mind, neither will I. I choose to believe in something that makes sense to me. Same reason you choose to believe what you do. Both sound ridiculous to each other. I was just pointing out that I can make your side sound just as crazy as mine.

One thing I do have to say, nothing science has proven has pointed to the fact of their not being a God. Nothing it has proven has been "inconveniently true" to the point of disproving a God. Just people thinking differently.
is incest wrong?
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:
is incest wrong?
Fuck no. Right Mason?
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:is incest wrong?
After asexual reproduction, everything was incest, was it not?
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

DBRider251 wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:is incest wrong?
After asexual reproduction, everything was incest, was it not?
I'm talking as if we never went over that. Is incest wrong?
TeamHavocRacing

DBRider251 wrote:Show me where your theories have been reproduced in a lab.
Of course you'd probably reject a supercomputer model of our universe. There's been an experiment that proved amino acids are produced when a high-speed comet impact occurs. However, you don't question the everyday science that permits us to communicate through satellites(faith based orbital mechanics?) Maybe that's a degree from Trump University. Are you saying that you believe in a mix of theories? Can you refute the science of the fossilized record showing evolution? I certainly don't engage in faith-based machining. "Dear God, please keep this part in the fixture I didn't clamp down!" Of course God made woman by performing a ribectomy. Of course Moses parted the Red Sea. Of course...ad nauseum. How could you ever go against the good book? I never brought Trump into it before this post. We're not a theocracy yet. (Thank God?) I know you want one with Rev. Cruz in office. I'm convinced that Christain Jonse is having a laugh with these topics. What's next CoD vs. Battlefield? Ford vs. Chevy?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DBRider251 wrote:Show me where your theories have been reproduced in a lab. I want to see where they blew something up and made a miniature universe.

It's all theory man.

DBRider251 wrote:Both sound ridiculous to each other. I was just pointing out that I can make your side sound just as crazy as mine.
Are you sure about that, you really want to play the ridiculous game?

DBRider251 wrote:One thing I do have to say, nothing science has proven has pointed to the fact of their not being a God. Nothing it has proven has been "inconveniently true" to the point of disproving a God.
The onus is on religions to prove such things exist and science is used to disprove any ideas or claims that religions base all their beliefs/ideologies on. if there isn't any evidence of it why would you choose to believe in it?

If I told you that New Zealand is the highest populated country in the world, surely you wouldn't just blindly follow that for the rest of your life... I'm sure you'd actually bother to fact check it.

Religious fanatics are just so strange. After Hamlin won the 500 yesterday they interviewed Coach Gibbs who inferred that it was a miracle that the 11 had won with J. D. Gibbs' name on the car who had passed last month. It's only logical I guess seeing as:

1) The Toyota's were the cars running up front the whole race
2) And they led the most laps
3) Restarted in front of all the crashes
4) Draft package favored the leading car
5) Didn't go a lap down as the leading cars were his teammates
6) Hamlin has won multiple Nascar races including the 500 before...

I do wonder how Coach Gibbs can justify his son dying early than him though... "god works in mysterious ways" doesn't seem like it would make falling asleep at night any easier!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com