New music

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Xkxmotokid
Team: Full Throttle

New music

Post by Xkxmotokid »

Hello everybody, I’m just recently getting into music. I don’t have the greatest voice or anything like that. But I’d love for you guys to check out my first song, and give me some feedback.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: New music

Post by Wahlamt »

Good enough for just gotten into music! Since I have no idea who's who in here, we'll have guy 1 (20-50s) and guy 2 (50-1:20s).

For guy 2, pretty much just on it, nothing to complain about really.
Guy 1: The timing is a little off, and the articulation feels like you're just getting used to rapping. It seems like you're raising your voice mid sentence, instead of either keeping it steady or dropping off at the end. Hard to explain, but practice more and practice some more timing. You'll get there, don't worry.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

oh wait, I thought we were just posting music. Ignore that.

As for the song it's not bad imo just a little bit of weird off timing stuff going on with some of the lyrics
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Xkxmotokid
Team: Full Throttle

Post by Xkxmotokid »

Here’s my second song, I put a lot of time into the beauty but it’s still not good in my opinion. I’d love some honest feedback and if you like it thank you. I’ll take feedback whether it is positive or negative. So have a great day and thank you guys! :lol:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Liked the beat, good flow to it.

You still need to work on the timing a bit. You start a bit too late and are off beat at a few places. Not sure how much it matters, but you're out of key, go a bit higher or lower, experiment with it until you find something that matches up. Last thing I would suggest that you practice is attitude, which in this case ties in with key. It sounds like you're adding a bit of rhythm to reading something boring, be angry instead. Pump your self up and try to punch in the lines instead of just read them in. If you can get the attitude right, the whole sound and feeling will be better.

Take a listen to this, I'm sure you've heard it. Aim for this aggression, if you get halfways, that's probably enough :)

I would suggest you to try and re-record this song, see what you can change. If you don't want to share multiple versions publicly, pm me.