2019 MX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: 2019 MX Discussion

Post by Jeremy150 »

06 and 08

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Jail-Aw.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Jail-Aw.
Villipoto?
TeamHavocRacing

In the middle of the top photo is Jail-aw. J-Law.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:In the middle of the top photo is Jail-aw. J-Law.
...where?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

Oh whoops! Villo would be pissed if he knew I mistook him for that dweeb. My bad. Old man eyes.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:In the middle of the top photo is Jail-aw. J-Law.
I looked at the results :cry:
TeamHavocRacing

I looked at the pic. :oops: He really does look like him in that pic.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

How dare you disrespect one of the GOAT's by saying he looks like that degenerate
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I looked at the pic. :oops: He really does look like him in that pic.
Can agree that it isn't too far away. Also Tedesco is somewhat similar of Dungey in his later years.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

To come back to the MXDN France discussion. I think the French federation is right to pull their middle finger towards RedBull KTM and Tom Vialle. The French federation simply cannot make any money out of this, not even if they win the MXDN 100x times in a row. There are no TV rights money which get divided under the federations, there is no price money for federations, there is not even room for exposure for the federations... Unlike in other sports the federations do not get tickets either which they can sell and I can go on and on and on... But point is, the federation isn't going to gain any money with a MXDN. The merch isn't enough to support the logistics cost, and as you can see, getting Team France sponsors is impossible because of the conflicts with riders.

Just to visualize how fucked up the MX economics are when it comes down to this team event. And how ridicule the request of RedBull KTM and Tom vialle are... Here are some national teams from France in their competition outfits in sports which are a lot bigger than motocross.

And there's the MX team:

And France, Italy ... Those countries even try to get matching outfits. But there are even countries where riders do not have even remotely matching gear.

In my opinion riders should negotiate their contracts better and have bonus money included if they get picked for their nation. After all it's an extra race, the best watched race of the year, where the team sponsors get extra exposure from. And the way to wake up teams and riders for that is to have the same rule which FIFA, FIBA etc... applies. If you get called by your federation to represent your nation, you cannot refuse the invitation without a valid excuse. I would use a backdoor rule tho to protect smaller nations and would only apply this rule on nations which made it to the races on Sunday in either of the last 3 MXDN editions.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

These knees are making me nervous
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

scheeve3 wrote: In my opinion riders should negotiate their contracts better and have bonus money included if they get picked for their nation. After all it's an extra race, the best watched race of the year, where the team sponsors get extra exposure from. And the way to wake up teams and riders for that is to have the same rule which FIFA, FIBA etc... applies. If you get called by your federation to represent your nation, you cannot refuse the invitation without a valid excuse. I would use a backdoor rule tho to protect smaller nations and would only apply this rule on nations which made it to the races on Sunday in either of the last 3 MXDN editions.
Who is paying the extra bonus money though? If the team won't let them rep their sponsors properly at the event to the extent they can't justify even letting them race it without the representation, how can you ask them for more? The OEMs are already in a losing battle and spending more racing than they really can justify, that is why they have brought in the outside sponsors for the teams to help cover the cost.

In order to impose that type of a rule, the federation would have to be paying the riders/teams. Right now everyone loses money to do this race except the FIM/Youthstream...

I don't know how the French fed works, do they get government funding? From the outside, I assume they are.

While I get annoyed how the teams and riders can't fully get behind anything because of brand logos (Monster huge on shrouds having to be black and green on everything no matter what for example), as the companies footing a lot of the bill - they've earned the ability to require just that.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

checkerz wrote:
scheeve3 wrote: In my opinion riders should negotiate their contracts better and have bonus money included if they get picked for their nation. After all it's an extra race, the best watched race of the year, where the team sponsors get extra exposure from. And the way to wake up teams and riders for that is to have the same rule which FIFA, FIBA etc... applies. If you get called by your federation to represent your nation, you cannot refuse the invitation without a valid excuse. I would use a backdoor rule tho to protect smaller nations and would only apply this rule on nations which made it to the races on Sunday in either of the last 3 MXDN editions.
Who is paying the extra bonus money though? If the team won't let them rep their sponsors properly at the event to the extent they can't justify even letting them race it without the representation, how can you ask them for more? The OEMs are already in a losing battle and spending more racing than they really can justify, that is why they have brought in the outside sponsors for the teams to help cover the cost.

In order to impose that type of a rule, the federation would have to be paying the riders/teams. Right now everyone loses money to do this race except the FIM/Youthstream...

I don't know how the French fed works, do they get government funding? From the outside, I assume they are.

While I get annoyed how the teams and riders can't fully get behind anything because of brand logos (Monster huge on shrouds having to be black and green on everything no matter what for example), as the companies footing a lot of the bill - they've earned the ability to require just that.
Yeah I get your points. It's a vicious circle at the moment, nobody can gain anything as you say, except the FIM/Youthstream. And it's demolishing the biggest race of the year.
And I can understand with the SX + MX Calendar on one side of the pond and the World Champ calendar which starts in March and has a massive amount of airmiles... That pride just isn't enough for these riders anymore. It just sucks as a fan to see the entry list and think by yourself that even the Dutch Masters of Motocross has a deeper field then that for just €20,- entry.

I don't know about France, but in Belgium the mx federation used to get government funding (Bit complicated because sports is a regional matter, so Flanders, Wallonia and Brussels each have their own budgets...). But these fundings cannot be used to support the national team or professional athletes. They have to be used to train youth, have a youth program (which was a joke) etc... Same with football teams. They usually have 2 VAT numbers to split their youth department and professional department, because elsewise they don't get a chance to get government support. And I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same in France. In France Youth MX riders get the chance to go for free to the Olympic athletes schools, if they get selected. So I guess that's where some of the funding is going to.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)