Loretta Lynn’s Documentary 2019

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Loretta Lynn’s Documentary 2019

Post by JConley691 »

I know this is a World of Echo piece, but I feel this one stands on its own outside of the site. I wanted there to be a singular place for focused discussion (if one were to happen).

I made this documentary about Loretta Lynn’s with my friend Charles Bakke. We drove from Indiana and Texas, respectively, to collaborate on this project. Neither of us had been to there before, so we wanted this video to not only share our own experiences, but those of the riders we chose as well. We hung around Lance Kobusch, Jazzmyn Canfield, Christopher Blackmer, Carson Mumford, Ryder DiFrancesco, Jalek Swoll and a few others throughout the week. It was a great time. I recommend any motocross fan to go visit, even if only as a spectator. It’s one of the craziest race events you can attend, seriously.

Hope you guys enjoy the video. Would love to hear any questions or comments.

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Loretta Lynn’s Documentary 2019

Post by Pumaxcs »

Funny enough most people here in Tennessee live by a motto pretty close to that, "To Be Born and Die in Tennessee"

I liked the story behind them, the new elites, the underdogs riding for themselves, and the one for Jazzmyn were all well done. Poor Ryder has had the personality trained right out of him, hopefully KX can release the PR bindings on him. Any criticism would be my own personal take and that's way too many jump cuts and camera movements. I believe it was on done on purpose with the slow FPS shots and handcam and color gradients to all kind of mimic older film so I understand it but for me it made my vision go blurry a few times.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Funny enough most people here in Tennessee live by a motto pretty close to that, "To Be Born and Die in Tennessee"

I liked the story behind them, the new elites, the underdogs riding for themselves, and the one for Jazzmyn were all well done. Poor Ryder has had the personality trained right out of him, hopefully KX can release the PR bindings on him. Any criticism would be my own personal take and that's way too many jump cuts and camera movements. I believe it was on done on purpose with the slow FPS shots and handcam and color gradients to all kind of mimic older film so I understand it but for me it made my vision go blurry a few times.
Thanks for checking it out puma. Yes Ryder was a bit robotic in our time with him, but honestly once the cameras were off he was hanging with Carson and Jalek just riffing with them. Camera on he just goes into that mode, which did make for some funny moments though, with the other two calling him out.

I'll bet a lot of what you're describing is footage from my 16mm camera. I've been trying to get better with it, but there are two caveats to the camera: 1: each roll of film I load into it is 100 ft. long, which equates to just over 3 minutes of footage. I had 5 rolls with me for the week, and to make those last, I shot a lot of sequences at a lower frame rate (anywhere between 16fps and 8fps, the camera's lowest setting). I can capture more quick moments, but when developed they come out looking sped up, due to the lowered frame rate. 2: The camera itself is a bit awkward to hold (photo HERE), and since the model I own is from the 1950's, we're definitely not getting any of the modern benefits of digital image / lens stabilization. :lol:

Certainly though, my editing style does lend itself to fast cuts. Maybe on my next project I can slow things down a bit... Thanks again for watching.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Oh, so it wasn't shot to mimic older film it was literally older film lol. Yeah, that would explain it then.

Good to hear there is still a chance with Ryder then. I'm sure he is trained but once he becomes more comfortable he will find the spot between corporate and personal. I did have a good laugh at "... does it bother you Tomac hasn't won an SX title? I bet he wrote him a strongly worded email."
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.