Track editing, does not work... at least for me

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
ChaosLasse
Team: Privateer

Track editing, does not work... at least for me

Post by ChaosLasse »

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with editing tracks, for some reason the things i do in the editor do not transfer over to the files in the track folder, or the other way around. For example i cant get decals on the track, i did it jist like in the tutorial videos, normaly the decal should appear in almost in the middel of the track (1000.000000 0.000000 1000.000000) an a 2048 map, but it does not, i doesnt appear at all. I cant even delete decal or billbaords on other tracks, when deleting the lines in the decal or billboard folder. I can delete them using the editor, but they wound delete in the folders either...
I can save the track after deleting the decals, restart the game and they are still gone.
Where what folders is the editor writing the information to and why?
I can change the name of the track in the desc file, that is working...
I can edit the terrain and save it, but it wound show on the terrain.png file...

I am on a Windows 10 Pro machine

I take every advice you guys have
Tanks aready
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Track editing, does not work... at least for me

Post by jlv »

There are two folders the game uses. The install folder, which defaults to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator", and the personal folder which is always "%localappdata%\MX Simulator". Any time the game writes a file it goes to the personal folder. Also, if a file exists in the personal folder it is used instead of any equivalent in the install folder.

My guess is you have your track in the install folder. The game is saving its changes in the personal folder which overrides anything you do in the install folder.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ChaosLasse
Team: Privateer

Re: Track editing, does not work... at least for me

Post by ChaosLasse »

Thanks, the files in my personal folder are the ones i saved, terrain.png and the rest are how i edited them.

Much Thanks