Point of existence

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
adhkcrfhonda

Re: Point of existence

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:

One little statistic I would like to share. As of 2005, 16% of the world's population classified themselves as non-religious. That leaves 84% that believe in some sort of God.

It is not my place to tell you what to believe in nor is it your place to tell me what to believe in.

I kinda doubt that the 84% actually believe it all, such as the million babtised (SP?) christians i know who have gone to church 1 time in there life.
Mittocs wrote:Religion has caused more wars than anything else in history.
thats the problem with religion. some people use it for good, kinda like that goon in texas with the huge ass church. he actually has good stuff to say, but then there are the fuckfaces that call themselves christians (ya i know there are other religions, just using an example) and they are total assholes. maybe they just think they will go to heaven for going to church on sunday, but its ok to be a douche monday through saturday. in my opinion religion causes more bad than good but im not religious so i may be bias. i agree that you gotta live in the moment
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:
d1abl019 wrote:and i never said everyone else was wrong, I'm simply saying what they think is wrong...

I guess there's no point in arguing with a 15 year old
At all.

D1abl0, the fact you have your beliefs (these being you think there are no gods or anything alike, in which by the way I agree) doesn't mean they are correct, nor does it mean you get to express them around here as if they were.

Unless of course you have proof. Do you have proof?
Are there any simple hominids in this world appart from you?
Oh, "evolution"...
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by d1abl019 »

Lol, I'm 16 in a little over a week, therefore i know even more than i do when i'm 15 (although i already know everything :lol:) jk i know very little compared to everything there is to be known... BUT, you have a good point, no one actually has proof of a god existing or non-existing. But everything points to evolution, not magical all-powerful being's in the sky (who just happen to be invisible)... so i guess that's the only proof i have. D:
But, about sky, i remember a long time ago when we took an airplane down to georgia (i was about 4-5) and i asked my mom if we were going to hit god (i asked this when we got above the clouds).. LOL
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

Evolution is nothing more than a theory. Anyway, We're here now. How we got here, How many licks does it take to the center of a tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter

Post by d1abl019 »

Depends on pressure of the lick, speed........ variables... :roll:
DR.MIZ

Post by DR.MIZ »

A University professor at a well known institution of higher learning challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir, he certainly did," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything; then God created evil. And, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then we can assume God is evil."

The student became quiet and did not answer the professor's hypothetical definition. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a question, professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?"

The other students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 F) is the total absence of heat; and all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color.

You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's Inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name - Albert Einstein

But then again,

# God has never left any physical evidence of his existence on earth.

# All historical gods were imaginary and we know it. (see this page)

# None of Jesus' "miracles" left any physical evidence either. (see this page)

# God has never spoken to modern man, for example by taking over all the television stations and broadcasting a rational message to everyone.

# The resurrected Jesus has never appeared to anyone. (see this page)

# The Bible we have is provably incorrect and is obviously the work of primitive men rather than God. (see this page)

# When we analyze prayer with statistics, we find no evidence that God is "answering prayers." (see this page)

# Huge, amazing atrocities like the Holocaust and AIDS occur without any response from God.

Two different takes on argument you can't win, because you can't force someone to change their opinions. Which is why no one has ever "truly" won a religious war.
ShackAttack12 wrote: A special rider model for jones will be made complete with cheeseburger in hand, 2nd chin, and 6 rolls below his man boobs.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

Great watch however it pretty much sums it up and what i think of it, a whole load of BS.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Well, both the ideas of "creation" (intelligent design) and "the big bang" (singularity) are laughable, so it's kinda funny how you "have" to choose between the two to be taken seriously by most people.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Wow a religious thread on this forum :shock:

Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Garasaki wrote:Wow a religious thread on this forum :shock:

Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. Haha
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

Ha yes! my converting of threads was a success!
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
HAMMERDOWN
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

This is a very interesting forum. For one I will state that i do believe that there is a God, Iam was raised in a Christian enviornment. Even though there may seem like there is no God does not means it exist Its how strong your Faith is in your belief.
"Its better to be pissed off then pissed on"
Goardy
Team: Satan

Post by Goardy »

lol and smh simultaneously at these past couple of pages,
the bits about the big bang theory were particularly entertaining
Get a pack of dogs up ya!
ゲイセックス、笑
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The doppler effect explains all
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

Mikey, Zeitgeist is great!! I watched that over 3 years ago. Check out a video called in plane sight (About 9/11) and a video called Esoteric Agenda. Also, Chris (dearnhardtfan7) and I were talking one night and came upon the subject of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjIy1DO0gs (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9N_Xjhb2xI (part 2)