Opinions

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Opinions

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

I found a 2000 CR125 that I want. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on 2 stroke vs 4 stroke. I have never ridden a 2 stroke before, but I have ridden a buddy's CRF450 so the power will not be a problem for me. The guy is gonna give it to me for $1000. I just can't pass that up. So what does everyone think about 2 vs 4. (this will be a race bike by the way).

R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
wakestyle21

Re: Opinions

Post by wakestyle21 »

I had a 2000 cr 125 and it was the slowest bike ive ever ridden...I might have just gor a lemon or something but I rode a couple other 125s and they were all way faster than mine. The first time I rode a four stroke (2006 yzf 250) I fell in love with it and got one of my own (2006 crf 450).
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:I found a 2000 CR125 that I want. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on 2 stroke vs 4 stroke. I have never ridden a 2 stroke before, but I have ridden a buddy's CRF450 so the power will not be a problem for me. The guy is gonna give it to me for $1000. I just can't pass that up. So what does everyone think about 2 vs 4. (this will be a race bike by the way).
the cr 125 ´00 its so slow, if u can get a 250 would be great :)
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Ok, Honda made some crappy 125s in 2000, and I wouldn't even bother for $1000.

I got my 03 YZ 125 for $1300, so you could easily get that for $900, granted, we live in different areas and all, but thats what it is like here.

Also, the difference between a 2 and a 4:

A two stroke really is much more of a hassle to ride. It wants to spin more, and you get a lot less traction than a four. Also, saying you can handle the power of a 450 is not a big deal, because a 125 is a tiny ass bike compared to that.

We have a jump you need to hit in 4th pinned on a 125, and the same jump in 2nd pinned jumps farther. (But, that's 4th pinned for me, 2nd pinned for a pro rider). You'll feel like you can actually control a 125 though, and it's a hell of a lot easier to throw around than a 450. Personally, I don't even like 450s because you can't really control them as easily as a 125 or 250F. Plus, riding a 2t will make you a hell of a lot faster once you hop on a 4 again.
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

I agree with voutare. The two will make you a hell of a lot better rider. That 125, to be ridden copetatively, will have to be rode very agressively. I've got an 01 cr, and I think that if I was on a four before I got the bike, I would be a lot lazier rider now. One tip to make it a much better bike, if it hasn't allready had this done to it. Go 1 tooth bigger on the rear sprocket than stock. It will tighten up the gears, and make the bike much more racer freindly. Single best mod I've done to my 01
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

But those kawi's in the background! ha ha. jk. A two banger is a good bike to just have fun on. It's very light and agile coming into the corners, you can get really good scrubs with them, and the maintenance is so easy to do. When ridden right, a 125 is just as competitive as a 250f, you just have to hold it wide open all of the time, slip the clutch a lot, and never let off. If you want a 125, honda's a good choice, and for the price, I recommend it. It is 8 years old though, things are going to start going wrong. i.e. electrical parts, bottom end engine parts. 965 is the nada guides price on this bike for a low end. It really is a pretty good deal. Show him the cash though and he'll give it to you for less.
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

its "idk whats its called on english" but that brown shit all over it, looks like the motor wont be for long, i would try to hook up with a pretty new suzu or a old kx or yama.

Peace!
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

with a 2 stroke you gotta do the hard work yourself and the 4stroke makes the hard work for you.
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

I have an 07 CRF150 but that is more of an offroad trail bike. I want this bike for a track bike. I'm not worried about anything going wrong with it because its not like I'm pouring everything I have into it. Also i have a buddy I work with that graduated from MMI so I'm not worried about having to put it in the shop. I can just load it up and carry it to his house to get it fixed. Plus he is going to be my mechanic in the arenacross series this year. But I do like the 4 stroke. I just feel a little lazy sometimes because of the power right at the twist of the throttle, and the fact that you don't have to work as hard to ride fast.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

take it
WHOA THERE
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

I went and got the bike today and I absolutely love it! There really is a big difference in the way you have to ride the 2 stroke but it is a very fun bike to ride.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Ride it hard, so once you get back on the 4, you'll haul.