2023 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
pntra
Team: Privateer

Re: 2023 SX Discussion

Post by pntra »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:41 pm Will Deegan ghost ride the finish? Will he be busted for it? The underworld waits!
Talk of the town. (Alot of peeps r talking about it) we shall c saturday night!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It certainly would be fitting for the Deegans! Not the classiest act, but that is their appeal.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Smith and Hampshire! Reminds me of the MX Sim video contest! Maybe Deegan won't be ghost riding tonight. Tired? Wonder what he'll say?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Why did I know that wirh a gap like that, Sexton would choke? The past is prologue?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:58 am Why did I know that wirh a gap like that, Sexton would choke? The past is prologue?
That's harsh! Anyone could lose it in the sand like that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

It's harsh how much he blows it for his talent! He seems to drift off when he's over half way through dominating a sesh. I don't see young Jett doing that. He catches his slips at least. It reminds me of some of Eli's rough years, so fast then something inevitably happens. I cursed Chase. The track was rad!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:57 am It's harsh how much he blows it for his talent! He seems to drift off when he's over half way through dominating a sesh. I don't see young Jett doing that. He catches his slips at least. It reminds me of some of Eli's rough years, so fast then something inevitably happens. I cursed Chase. The track was rad!
I feel like Sexton has taken over what AC used to do. Small crashed, front end washes, tip over-etc all over the place.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'd give him a pass for a random crash in this.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:41 pmI'd give him a pass for a random crash in this.
He is a monster talent for sure, but even Honda doesn't give him a pass it appears. I'm not distorting the truth or blowing it out of proportion, but it has gotten less frequent of late. I'm just saying it gave me a bad feeling when he had that big of a lead. I haven't heard what the pundits have been saying, but I bet they wonder why, like with(as Wahlamt pointed out) AC or Tomac during his strangely mistake-filled days. It will fuel him or haunt him. Savatgy anyone?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:38 am He is a monster talent for sure, but even Honda doesn't give him a pass it appears. I'm not distorting the truth or blowing it out of proportion, but it has gotten less frequent of late. I'm just saying it gave me a bad feeling when he had that big of a lead. I haven't heard what the pundits have been saying, but I bet they wonder why, like with(as Wahlamt pointed out) AC or Tomac during his strangely mistake-filled days. It will fuel him or haunt him. Savatgy anyone?
I'm not saying he gets a pass overall. It's just unfair for that one sand section. It could have got anyone.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

Speaking of going down, Barcia hit so hard that I noticed that his right side of his shoulders looked significantly shorter than his left. That's because of several broken ribs, a badly broken collarbone and the complications that accompany such injuries. Pretty bad for a first-gear endo. Still, we need the villain for the story in SX next year. Plus his sick style is fun to watch. :(
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:10 am Speaking of going down, Barcia hit so hard that I noticed that his right side of his shoulders looked significantly shorter than his left. That's because of several broken ribs, a badly broken collarbone and the complications that accompany such injuries. Pretty bad for a first-gear endo. Still, we need the villain for the story in SX next year. Plus his sick style is fun to watch. :(
I broke my collarbone on a BMX bike this spring. Fully displaced. Took way longer to recover than I expected. Only getting close to 100% now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

Doh! Aren't you too old and too big for a 20"? Mine wouldn't break when I was skateboarding at 46 and tried to shoulder roll only to get an AC joint separation. So much pain I almost passed out! The sky was magenta and the ground was white, twice. I didn't pass out though!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:10 am Barcia hit so hard that I noticed that his right side of his shoulders looked significantly shorter than his left.
I noticed that too, looked so messed up. Almost KRoc 2017 vibes, even though Barcia looked more physically messed up than Kenny (shoulder shorter).
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:36 am Doh! Aren't you too old and too big for a 20"? Mine wouldn't break when I was skateboarding at 46 and tried to shoulder roll only to get an AC joint separation. So much pain I almost passed out! The sky was magenta and the ground was white, twice. I didn't pass out though!
Yeah I am big for it. I rode my old GT for the first time in a long time a few years ago and it felt so twitchy I thought it would help my balance to keep riding it. Riding a mountain bike or MX bike is like a couch compared to it. I actually bought another BMX bike just so I wouldn't beat up my classic GT Pro Series.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com