Controller

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
motox161

Re: Controller

Post by motox161 »

cool i might have to get one
Gourley #13
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

motox161 wrote:cool i might have to get one
dont tell me you have been using keyboard? if you did, im not buying any. because then i know how fast its possible to go w/o controller, your like the nat champion ;)
gordy
Team: Privateer

Post by gordy »

yeah, its not necessary to go fast, but i imagine it would make matters easier.
i use a keyboard myself and im normally inside the top 5 at races.
instupitious.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's easier to go fast with a keyboard. I know it doesn't seem logical but look at the fastest people, Most of them use a keyboard. I remember when I first tried this game out I used a keyboard for about 5 minutes then decided to use my 360 controller. I remember it being a lot harder with the 360 controller, dunno why.
motox161

Post by motox161 »

When i first strated playing the game with the keyboard i thought it was so hard so i just started using a controller
Gourley #13
frederick

Post by frederick »

i think its personal.

now when i finally got some speed to battle with some faster guys i feel that I can go faster with smoother steering and throttle control. But its a personal riding style, some rews, some doesnt, some scrubs some just adjusts the speed and so on...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Keyboards have one technical advantage over a controller - higher sampling rate. Most joysticks are read by timing how long it takes to discharge a capacitor through the potentiometer attached to the stick. That limits how quickly you can read the position. From just moving some USB controller's sticks around and watching how quickly the values change I've found that they generally update about 1 time every 30 milliseconds.
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

i too played once with a 360 control and thought it was hard. Definately would take some time getting used to it. I think once rider lean (forward and back) is added, doing the keyboard thing is gonna be very difficult.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Once rider lean is implemented im switching to a ps3 controller. Just feels like theres something missing right now.
frederick

Post by frederick »

for me its going to be impossible to shift lean and turn at the same time
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

just bought me a 360 control today. It was tough at first and it was pissing me off, but i got the buttons set up the way i like it and in one day im already just as good as i was with the keyboard. Isnt saying much because i still suck