Monte "Turndown" Hill Interview

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Monte "Turndown" Hill Interview

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I crashed my crappy editing software upteen times before getting all of the subltitles correct and finishing this old, 3-part interview into one video. Enjoy!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Monte "Turndown" Hill Interview

Post by jlv »

I think I might have read about him in BMX magazines back in the 80's. Never made that connection before.

Interesting that he wasn't thrilled about the freestyle stuff either.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

More noteworthy is the bit near the end about alienating your kid with rough handling. His late grandfather Ted mentioned how they warned Josh about blowing money and he subsequently went and bought a million dollar mansion right before the backflip crash. He's doing better in his "post-career" I think. Style legend and electric bike pioneer.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

They say nobody ever wishes they spent more time at the office, but I wonder if that's true for people who had championship level talent at something. You'd have to wonder if you could have been #1 if you committed 100%. Not that Monte Hill should have bullied his kids into it. It's just that you have one small window where it's possible to win and if you waste it you'll never get another shot.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

I have a friend who witnessed Monte screaming at young Josh at Shoug, pointing down at him shouting "You let that kid pass you!" He admitted it and knows Josh is gnarly and gets along with him now. He was so committed to winning, he threw away a second place trophy back when he raced lol. He laughs at all of this shit now. Jammin' Jimmy is the one who introduced us in the mid-to-late 1900's. Here 's Monte testing out some lines at a local skatepark ten years ago...