2DMX: 2D Sim MX Game for Desktop and Android

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
dylan22

Re: 2DMX: 2D Sim MX Game for Android

Post by dylan22 »

I got a Droid an I'd love to try it out, Pm me if possible :P
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

I did a test run, and it's pretty cool. Definately has potential. The only thing I'd suggest is making the rider movements change the pitch of the bike in the air better. It needs to feel more arcade like in the air. Right now it's hard to land smooth. I used the editor, and that was a little complicated to figure out at first. I'd suggest putting a little guide in there before you actually release it. Not sure if it's just my calibration or not (Droid 2), but the nodes/ segments were a little hard to grab onto.

And as far as the riding goes, I think the bike just needs to float a little more, and not have so much depending on throttle/body positioning on the takeoff. If you could soak up jumps and really be able to float more, I think it'd feel better.

It has promise though. Oh, and a reset button. :D
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Sweet finally an mx game for android. I will test this when I get past my hangover :mrgreen:
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Vellu

Post by Vellu »

Oh you didn't have the link there, but I would love to try it so send me a pm if you wish :)

Btw what android's you other guys have. I have the Galaxy S aka Epic or whatever in the states. The i9000 anyways.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

I'll work on getting you all a copy soon. I'm thinking about putting it on the market as a beta for free so I might just let you know when its on there. Thanks for the interest.
Voutare wrote:I did a test run, and it's pretty cool. Definately has potential. The only thing I'd suggest is making the rider movements change the pitch of the bike in the air better. It needs to feel more arcade like in the air. Right now it's hard to land smooth. I used the editor, and that was a little complicated to figure out at first. I'd suggest putting a little guide in there before you actually release it. Not sure if it's just my calibration or not (Droid 2), but the nodes/ segments were a little hard to grab onto.

And as far as the riding goes, I think the bike just needs to float a little more, and not have so much depending on throttle/body positioning on the takeoff. If you could soak up jumps and really be able to float more, I think it'd feel better.

It has promise though. Oh, and a reset button. :D
Thanks for the input. You can reset by touching the bike.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Damn that would have helped.

Oh, and a scale for the editor. I made a whole SX track, and then I went to ride it and the triples were like whoops. Haha.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

screens are sideways, but looks good!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Thanks I'll fix it.
Vellu

Post by Vellu »

Feels really nice. One thing I urged for was a minimap or then bring the camera farther when you jump high, so you know where abouts you're gonna land. Or maybe even adjustable camera distance.

Voutare had good points also. I think the 'hard to land smooth' -part is partly because the suspension is really springy so it always bounces a little back so maybe tweak that a little.

Again, really nice job, thanks :)
Stability:
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Thanks a lot for trying it out. I'll look into adding more dampening to the suspension and I'll figure out a way to keep the terrain onscreen.
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Tested on a Milestone, my only dificult is that the "controls" where to close to the screen edge and I found kinda hard to deal with them maybe make the sticks bigger. Other than that It's a very nice game, keep it going.
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Game has been updated in the market:

- Fixed force close when trying to save options while SD Card is not available.
- Added engine braking to bike when not accelerating.
- Added notification about touching bike to reset.
- Tweaked suspension a bit. Still needs some work.
- Zoomed camera out a bit so you can see the track when you are in the air.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

id like to try it on an android emulator, any way to have it?
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
DJD

Post by DJD »

Awesome man! Working good on my Droid X.

Suspension Rebound is scary, i would slow that way down, and add a force limit to landing. If thats possible.

I was on Red Bud and just launched off a jump and plopped down from orbit.

A lot of potential.