My rc dirt bike - replica 2011 Villopoto bike

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
dustywalrus
Team: Team Green Trainee

Re: My rc dirt bike - replica 2011 Villopoto bike

Post by dustywalrus »

JohnnyMac wrote:Dusty,
I think they are fun but challenging too, much like mxs compared to mva might be in a way. Its not the cheapest available if your on a budget. Another bike to consider is the duratrax dx450 if your wallet is tight. With the vmx, some have had good luck with the bike running good while others have had issues. The biggest complaint was the gears inside the rear wheel that spin the gyro didnt last long (plastic). Venom replaced those with steel ones for free with proof of purchase. Very good customer support! Bikes take a lot more practice to drive then a 4 wheeled rc. I've heard they are more compareable to flying an airplane in how you operate the transmitter, but I personally I wouldnt know. Just like a real bike you make a quick turn of steering wheel to initiate the bike into a lean but then use throttle and opposite steering to pull out of lean. I learned quicker with the motard tires in a parking lot. This bike has a tendency to wobble on surfaces the rear tire cant get grip on, like hardpacked dusty terrain. "Race" tires are in the works so hopefully that will help.

I created a youtube channel RCDIRTBIKEACTION just for rc dirt bikes with playlists for racing, track sessions, motard, and bashing/freestyle if anyone is interested in the hobby, so check the videos out and read any reviews out there too. Heres the channel link if interested: http://www.youtube.com/user/RCDirtBikeAction
thanks for the feedback, and i own rc planes and helis so im used to that type of transmitter lol
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Post by JohnnyMac »

Took me a year to get around to it, but I finally made a little 'making of' video for my replica r/c dirt bike. It starts with some pics followed by video from my backyard track I made for some testing / play time (last summer and fall 2011). Unfortunately, the family is getting sick of the dirt so its time to take it down and get a lawn put in lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvjawbkLVZY
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

That thing is just epic.
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?