3d animation/renders

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: 3d animation/renders

Post by SMR 510RR »

One thing you could try is to put the cloth at an angle so it drapes more on the back before it hits the handle bars. Also, are you using real world units for this scene? That could be your problem right there.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

okay Ill try that. And do you mean I should be using them? I just use generic because its easier to export to unity for me.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

LKR47 wrote:okay Ill try that. And do you mean I should be using them? I just use generic because its easier to export to unity for me.
I am really not sure if it makes a difference in the cloth modifier but it does make a difference in how light works in vray. I would think that it would also make a difference in the way the cloth bends so it is worth a try.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

How many times did you subdivide the cloth doe?
Hi
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

This took me 5mins and Idn wtf I'm doing.
Hi
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Give it a little hat, paint it white and you've got yourself a little KKK bike.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

I got it to look a little better but im not fully satisfied. Im gonna set it asside for now because I need to work on some other things.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

p2sta wrote:thanks, I though there will be a little more dof on the sofa, so it will not be that much visible, but you are right :)
The carpet is Vray Fur, took me half a day to make it look right, biggest problems were with the GI settings tho
Ok, can you let me know what kind of map you used for the vray fur? I am trying to do a patchy looking carpet and I just want to turn different areas different directions but I just can't get it working. Based on the documentation it seems red and green are left/right and up/down (viewed from above) and blue is how bent they are. I am losing my mind trying to figure it out, I made a map with noise in all 3 channels but the blue was only minor variation and it just isn't working how I would expect it to work.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

sure, i used the map from this tutorials, because as you when i tried to do my own, it was not working correctly, or i was doing something wrong, not sure.
http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/tutoria ... d-3ds-max/
its not exactly what i wanted, but better than nothing
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

p2sta wrote:sure, i used the map from this tutorials, because as you when i tried to do my own, it was not working correctly, or i was doing something wrong, not sure.
http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/tutoria ... d-3ds-max/
its not exactly what i wanted, but better than nothing
I found that yesterday also haha. I ended up getting it working quite well lastnight with a PhoenixFD ocean map, it doesn't look exactly how I wanted it but it looks convincing and at this point that will do.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

good. I was messing around with carpets a little bit more and found out 3ds max's Hair & Fur has lot more control, because you can "brush" the carpet and it makes it way easier than mapping the directions
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Yea, I tried it with that also but the carpet is massive and it was struggling with the max hair way more than the vray fur, it crashed several times on the max hair unfortunately.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Might as well post what I have so far. I just need to fill the scene with some more stuff, haven't had a chance to work on it since Monday real work getting in the way. I made everything but the books.

Critiques welcome.

vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

SMR 510RR wrote:Might as well post what I have so far. I just need to fill the scene with some more stuff, haven't had a chance to work on it since Monday real work getting in the way. I made everything but the books.

Critiques welcome.

Hey SMR Great looking render.. some things i noticed that maybe you should take a look at would be the pillow materiel.. it seems to be reflecting alot of the lighting.. i feel like the materiel should be more matte.. could jut be me tho idk.. also another thing is the carpet where the fur is kinda of pushed up makes it look like one huge rug. like under the couch is where i noticed it the most.. maybe lower the height with that? just suggestions but love it so far and cant wait to see what this becomes!
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Yea I hate the pillows too, have no fear that will change.

This is one big rug actually, its just the strands pushed in different directions that is giving it that look the base is flat if that makes sense. I think I still need to play with it a bit but its a hard thing to control.

Thanks for the feedback!