3d animation/renders

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Re: 3d animation/renders

Post by dbaum25moto »

p... pu ..... put your foot on it
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

Probably the most i've accomplished so far, not by materials but modeling in general, no i didn't model the car, i'm not that skilled but i did model the rims for this and it's my first time attempting to even model that much and i think it turned out nice so i felt it was worth a post < also pretty proud of this render tbh.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

sorry for dp, the little light reflector thing on the side is fucked up, i was supposed to fix this in post processing but it totally blanked my mind so i look like an idiot, also, the rims are MMD 551C's but the center cap texture is not done yet and i'm still in the process of texturing the rims and working on the maps and such.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

its kind of hard to actually see the rims, so if you want crits for the modeling part, show us clay and wire render, but from what i see it looks like a good start
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

I'm definitely not proud of the wireframe at the moment, it looks very sloppy but i'll post a gyazo of it for you since i don't really model that much to begin with but tips could be helpful in improving it which i would like to at some point, it's mostly for renders at the moment though.
Image ^ With Wireframe, a.k.a just in edit mode lol
Image ^ Without Subsurf modifiers, definitely amateur work and i'm sure of it. xD
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

it looks like you modeled the whole wheel, so here is one thing that will help you speed up your modeling, the wheel is symmetrical, so you just need to model half of one spoke...here Image

you model one of the green triangles (should be 36°) use symmetry to get the orange one, and then rotate it 72° 4 times, so you get the whole wheel modeled. also keep in mind if you want to get clean round edge you need to keep the polygons ont he outter rim same distance from each other (right now you have dense mesh where the spokes joins the rim and that will give you slightly flatter surface there. Same goes for the inner central cap. But for your first wheel its really nice!
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

haha you would be totally correct, i did model the entire thing without using any modifiers other then the subsurf modifiers and i thought about using symmetry but i just wasn't sure how to go about it so that makes a bit more sense having seen your explanation and i may end up giving that a try and i think that will give me a chance to kinda clean it up as well. Thank you very much.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

you are welcome, its a lot easier to edit things when you have to edit just one vertex instead of 10 :D
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

in case you didn't see yet, haha
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Your last pic didn't work p2sta.

p2sta

Post by p2sta »

best seen in 1080p60 ;)
kxalex31
Team: Evergood

Post by kxalex31 »

Insane
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

Awesome, gotta love matte black!

Trying out some new features in blender. Lighting just got a whole lot easier!
ZOOM
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

No way O.o
Alex V111#1017
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Benjii_D wrote:Awesome, gotta love matte black!

Trying out some new features in blender. Lighting just got a whole lot easier!
ZOOM
Now thats :shock: :shock:
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!