3d animation/renders

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
supercross711

Re: 3d animation/renders

Post by supercross711 »

I think the pillows look great. It all looks fantastic.
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

SMR 510RR wrote:I just need to fill the scene with some more stuff
FILL IT WITH
DERT BERKESS$
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

supercross711 wrote:I think the pillows look great. It all looks fantastic.
Thanks!

I think the pillows highlight is just a bit too sharp, they are supposed to be like microfiber so they do catch quite a bit of light at glancing angles.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

I actually like the look of the pillows besides the white one, it looks like a suede material to me. The white one looks like leather and is just too shiny, maybe just make it an off white/more grayish to give it the suede look to keep it consistent. Also add baseboards to give the scene more like.

ALSO, are triangles okay? A lot of tuts I've watched say triangles are the devil. But I've seen a lot of models that have a mix of quads and tris.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Tris are fine for hard surface modeling, its really when you are deforming a mesh that they become problematic. That said almost everything in this scene has a subdivision smoothing modifier added so they become all quads, tris can cause pinching though so you have to pay attention to where you are putting them.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

nice job man,

I agree the white pillow is a bit problematic, i would go with light gray instead of white.

And I'm not sure how are you doing the material for it, it looks like is just reflections, with soft highlights (thats why there are the darker spots in it). Its easier to use falloff map in diffuse slot with the base color and brighter version of it as the fading color and make a nice exponential curve for it, that works faster and its easier to control. Other stuff look fine!
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Only took me two years to get motivated to continue working on the bike model. :mrgreen:
Worked on the handlebars some yesterday and today. Still a lot of detailing missing and the clutch lever plus clamp needs to be reworked.

I've a feeling I'm going to need to rescale the other parts, because after modeling the bars with actual measurements, this happened. :lol:
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

OHMYGODSHADOWIWILLLOVEYOUFOREVERIFTHATISWHATITHINKITIS
m121c

Post by m121c »

dbaum25moto wrote:OHMYGODSHADOWIWILLLOVEYOUFOREVERIFTHATISWHATITHINKITIS
Don't get too excited, it's a CAD model. Big difference than a polygonal model.

Anyways, that is looking really cool Shadow! The plastics have to be my favorite part forsure. Very nice work.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Thanks man. The plastics are definitely my favorite parts too, and were an interesting bit to work on. They're not perfect by any means, but they also were the first parts I've ever done using the SW freeform tool. Took a couple of retries to get the hang of it, but it's one awesome tool. I plan to tweak them to be closer to the real thing when I scale the frame + plastics to correct sizes.

Worked on the front a bit again. Here's a few quick and dirty renders to show the current progress.

http://i.imgur.com/dvnnzad.png
http://i.imgur.com/eGggr6J.png
http://i.imgur.com/sB3yD6r.png
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

What is the best/ most user friendly 3D program? I've been learning Blender a little bit (very tough so far), but didnt know if something else would be better?
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

If you don't have several thousand dollars to spend then stick with Blender.
Kording

Post by Kording »

You don't have to. There are student versions of most of the "expensive" programs like 3ds Max (polygon) or Inventor (CAD) for example.
Good work on the plastics Shadow. I am struggling with freeforming stuff but you nailed it !
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Yes but when you are no longer a student are you going to buy a copy? Might as well start with something that you can continue to use IMO, no need to relearn the software when you are no longer a student. With blender you will be fine learning the basics of 3D modeling (I am talking about for games/renders not CAD here).
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

another track preview project for EPCN