3d animation/renders

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
ddmx

Re: 3d animation/renders

Post by ddmx »

That was reely good. Did get a bit repetitive but then again that was sort of the theme. I think you could chop that into 1:30 and it would be keep attention longer throughout. :wink: That being said it had me hooked the entire time. Reminded me of Terrafirma 7.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

yeah, I remember when you showed this to me. Great work tbh!
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Thank ya!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty interesting video on subsurface scattering in cycles for blender. Actually learned a couple new things. Original link: http://www.blendernerd.com/sss-cycles/
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Here's what I have with trying to create dirt. Definitely not anywhere close to as good looking as p2sta's though. This is an absolute PITA in blender, after trying out the scatter in max...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

looks pretty good though :)
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Thanks, not sure if there's not enough "chunks" or what, but it still looks weird to me. Wonder if I should try upping the strength of the bump map on the plane texture.

Race Tech banners to hide the transition between the background and the end of the dirt, and no stand :lol:. Gah, and I noticed the wheels are rotated exactly the same too, and the FMF logo on the pipe is way too far left.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I think changing the bump map will help, but I see what you mean.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

that looks really cool man,
one thing tho...the blurring makes the bike looks really small, I would not blur the front area. And great idea with the banners! :)
For the dirt...make few different sized stuff, it makes better feel ;)

also here is how my basic set looks like
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Thats realy cool p2sta, that render also looks very nice and clean Nate. A question for p2sta and nate, what do you use for renders? Mental ray or Vray, cause im sure you don't use scanline. Also a noob question, for the lighting, is it an environment? if so, how did you set it up?
Thanks
Ramon
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

I use vray. Always wanted to learn MentalRay tho, since its standard part of 3ds max.

I use skylight and vray sun for the outdoor one. Vray Physical Camera is really handy as well.
But its pretty tricky to set the sun right. Having problems with reflections and specularity
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Thanks a tonne, going to try some of that right now, I think itl be great if we can all share our knowledge on here, its something this forum is missing a little right now.
Ramon
goudbeekie
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TattlerMX Honda

Post by goudbeekie »

Voutare wrote:Holy shit man. That is some amazing work.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

yzmxer608 wrote:Thanks, not sure if there's not enough "chunks" or what, but it still looks weird to me. Wonder if I should try upping the strength of the bump map on the plane texture.

Race Tech banners to hide the transition between the background and the end of the dirt, and no stand :lol:. Gah, and I noticed the wheels are rotated exactly the same too, and the FMF logo on the pipe is way too far left.
Springs so stiff the bike doesn't even sag under it's own weight. :wink: Need a lot more dirt clods imo. Looks like a solid start though.
zNe
Crushed Dissenter

Post by zNe »

After much nagging in the post your screen section i post my renders here

Its my first render, U will say its looks too shiny but i really love it :D