School

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: School

Post by Voutare »

20 is even a little high (Unless you are counting AMA/FIM, not just Aussie only).

In the US, there are riders that had to stop riding, because they weren't getting payed. Andrew McFarlane actually left the US because he couldn't survive off of what he'd make, (20,000).

Really, every riders contract has shrunk. Last year, your average factory lites rider was making 100,000, and now is lucky to make 60,000, which is fairly average pay for any profession. Really, if you want to make a living off of motocross, you better either 1. Haul ass, or 2. Get really fucking lucky with inside connections.
kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

I don't know what its like over there, but you would have to be fair good to make a living out off riding motocross. There are probably only 20 riders from Australia, if that, that can live off income from MX. I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you. An injury could bugger your 'career' instantly, then what happens? BTW, engineer's get a pretty sweet income.
YA thts wat im worried about thts why uve been training my ass off riding 4 days a week, running , having my own trainer but in canada they pay pretty good money even if your not the fastest out there u got 2 be kinda famous 2 ya so dont worry about me ive seen the risk of not making it and so i got a back up plan , and oh ya i wasnt being cocky.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

I'll say you won't make a living off of motocross in Canada. Factory/Satellite riders are the only people in the US that can even make a living off of it, and even then it's probably hard. The only reason they can survive is because they don't need to feed themselves, and don't have that many bills because of how much they travel at the team expense.
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

The true riders in the US that ride nationals get payed like shit, unless you are on kawasaki or honda, and I'm not talking about their contracts, just pay from the race, this also goes for Lites and Big Bikes. Supercross is where the all riders in the US get payed big bucks regardless of their bikes, but their finishing place helps alot with the pay in but MX & SX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6cjSNEH_10

You have to be faster than this to make a living off MX ^^^^ This is my friends, they do a school to make extra money

And like someone else said $15/hour isn't good enough to live off of so you have to go to college, every job wants a piece of paper to say you are smart enough for a job...sad :(