An idea about enduro racing

Organize races and post results here
haggqvist

An idea about enduro racing

Post by haggqvist »

Whenever enduro racing is brought up here on the forums there's always talk about online races with mass starts but to me enduro has always been about time-trials on long special stages with transport stages in between them.

Ergo, the idea:
I think it would be possible to use a kind of live demo-racing for this where everybody has to start at a time set by the organizer and there's only enough time to record one demo.
If an event would be made up of e.g. three special stages, a shorter extreme test and a motocross test then all riders would start SS1 at roughly the same time and when finished they report their time with a screenshot in a thread here on the forums or on some other website where the organizer keeps track of the timing.
Then after a short break all riders would start on SS2, again at a fixed time, and so on until all stages are completed.
After the race is over people have to submit demos of all stages to be scrutinized by the organizer.
A race format like this would enable really long races, which in my opinion is what enduro is really about, simulated or not.

One way to prevent people from cheating and entering old demos on released tracks could be to rerelease them as a password protected archive a couple of hours before the race with a code visible on a texture and then, say five minutes before the starting time, the password is released. New tracks could be released in the same way but with a preview video released beforehand that people could watch to simulate a track walk.

Even though motocross is the main thing for me with this game I think it would be loads of fun if somebody would organize something like this and I would
definitely help out if that somebody wanted to put the sorketorp tracks to good use.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Re: An idea about enduro racing

Post by Sweendoggy »

Interesting! If I find the time I'll see what I can come up with for running something like this
Aky141
Team: Privateer

Post by Aky141 »

Haggqvist i really love you. :wink:
Dude great ideas and when i get my new computer i'm hopefully(bahahahahahaha) gonna give you guys a run for you're money.
Motorcycles are unlike women, you can ride your dirt bike whenever you feel.....
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I've been working on a huge WORCS/enduro style track for a month or so. Not nearly finished, but i plan on hosting a race on it in the future.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
GoPro HD

Post by GoPro HD »

Yes! dude that would be so much fun!
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

cool idea man :idea: