2015 RFG National Number Quest

Organize races and post results here
Robert196

Re: 2015 RFG National Number Quest

Post by Robert196 »

PINNEDTOWIN wrote:
Robert196 wrote:Do whatever they do in the real pro series. End of argument.
Someone else jumps of a cliff then do it too. No more arguments ever. Screw innovation it's useless.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

James_122 wrote:Some peoples schedules do not allow them to race the 450 or vice versa due to real life Dupuis. Smith had to qualify at a Mcdonalds lol. I think you guys are worrying a bit too much.
20min difference?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

checkerz wrote:Rider A generally gets 8th place in the 450 class every week. That is 13 pts per round for 17 rounds for a total of 221 points.
Rider B generally gets 11th place in the 450 class, but drops down to the 250 class for his region where he generally finishes 4th or better. That is 10 points for 8 rounds of 450 racing and 18 points per for 9 rounds of 250 racing for a total off 242 points.

Rider A generally beats rider B.
Rider B scores almost a full race more points than Rider A.
Rider A chooses to race the tougher competition.
Rider B chooses to sandbag the slower class.

Guess what, I think the AMA rule is absolutely the stupidest thing in the world too. Just because the AMA decides to do something stupid, does that mean we should copy them without thinking as well?
It is broken.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

PINNEDTOWIN wrote:
James_122 wrote:Some peoples schedules do not allow them to race the 450 or vice versa due to real life Dupuis. Smith had to qualify at a Mcdonalds lol. I think you guys are worrying a bit too much.
20min difference?
A lot of these people are still kids. Just because you are not, does not mean it will not affect others. I've had to stop mid race, or not race at all because of plans. Crazy right?
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

James_122 wrote:
PINNEDTOWIN wrote:
20min difference?
A lot of these people are still kids. Just because you are not, does not mean it will not affect others. I've had to stop mid race, or not race at all because of plans. Crazy right?
If you can't stay up an extra 20 minutes, and all of Europe (including Jon who has a kid and owns his own business) is up until 4am. I'm sorry, but you are a proper baby back bitch.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

James_122 wrote:
PINNEDTOWIN wrote:
20min difference?
I have missed plenty of races for other plans but none of them came down to a 20 min decision. If you are trying to imply this is all i do that has been the most overdone insult in this community since the beginning so just quit while you are ahead.
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

Osari52 wrote:
James_122 wrote:
PINNEDTOWIN wrote: 20min difference?
If you can't stay up an extra 20 minutes, and all of Europe (including Jon who has a kid and owns his own business) is up until 4am. I'm sorry, but you are a proper baby back bitch.
Well, I'm losing the Asshole of the Year award!

:mrgreen:
James_122

Post by James_122 »

I sit at that computer for hours just like the rest of them and I am the first to admit it. That would be a dumb insult for anyone to make. Do not assume I am trying to make your bum hurt.

I understand what checkerz is getting at, but as a replica series, all formats are decided before the start of it whether the format is dumb or not. I do not worry about all of this stuff cause I will race regardless, but everything should be fair. It's not the guys benefiting from this fault.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

The fact that national numbers were coming and being implemented was decided after the 2011 season for the 2012 season.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Osari52 wrote:
James_122 wrote:
PINNEDTOWIN wrote:20min difference?
For Supercross I don't see the time thing being a huge factor as UID grabs are at the same time. For Outdoors though with the split UID grab, there is a big difference in the time schedule for 450's and 250's. For some that would be a decision maker between classes not level of talent or ease of winning. I can tell you now, I race every Sunday during the summer and making the 250 class in time would be difficult for me so I would be forced to 450's.
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Osari52 wrote:
James_122 wrote:A lot of these people are still kids. Just because you are not, does not mean it will not affect others. I've had to stop mid race, or not race at all because of plans. Crazy right?
For Supercross I don't see the time thing being a huge factor as UID grabs are at the same time. For Outdoors though with the split UID grab, there is a big difference in the time schedule for 450's and 250's. For some that would be a decision maker between classes not level of talent or ease of winning. I can tell you now, I race every Sunday during the summer and making the 250 class in time would be difficult for me so I would be forced to 450's.
But we aren't talking about outdoors. 250 guys should get full points outdoors because they are not split in half. In Supercross, they are.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
James_122

Post by James_122 »

One question. If you do the half point thing, it still does not mean anything if you can't even get in the main. A lot of the guys who are worried are not qualifying on a regular basis so what is the big deal? Tysen, Byron, Dennis, Race, and the other top guys are not saying one word.

It seems we are all going off subject so just change it. Who even cares anymore lol.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Osari52 wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Osari52 wrote:If you can't stay up an extra 20 minutes, and all of Europe (including Jon who has a kid and owns his own business) is up until 4am. I'm sorry, but you are a proper baby back bitch.
But we aren't talking about outdoors. 250 guys should get full points outdoors because they are not split in half. In Supercross, they are.
You need to look at the complete points system as a whole not separate between SX and MX as that will not work.

If this in the bold is the case and you think that having full points for 250's is fine for Outdoors than to me taking away full points for East or West rounds for 250 riders is the wrong choice entirely. What would be a better decision is to have where you can only score in one championship or have limited points in the one that isn't your main series.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

Just give them full points. Do we want to strip people that earned 2014 #s from 250 of their numbers?
-OR-
Give a 250 regional rider opportunity to race 450 and score a maximum of x amount of points. Once he scores x amount of points, he can either take half points from his 250 regional championship (only for GNC, count full points towards the title itself) or stop racing the 450 class until his 250 region returns.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Can we discuss this further halfway through the nationals when these guys lucking their way into 250 regional mains don't score points outdoors because both coasts are merged into one and twice as stacked with talent, and the points they have aren't a factor when the truly legit guys score double the amount of points in one day as they do in SX with a better chance of scoring those points.