AWood's 2014 Demo Race Series - Round 1

Organize races and post results here
JVanderlee225
Team: MadCape

Re: AWood's 2014 Demo Race Series - Round 1

Post by JVanderlee225 »

AWood wrote:I believe we'd have even less sign ups/entries. I could try it if it gets more popular.
That's true, just a suggestion
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

Trying to find the right amount of time to get a non-tryhard dominated demo series is tough. I think the 24 hours worked decently and hopefully now that more people are aware of when the track will be announced there will be more entries for round 2.

Hopefully Awood's lazy ass will post demos faster too haha
JVanderlee225

Post by JVanderlee225 »

I agree, at the same time though, if you say you'll release the track every Tuesday at 3pm then it gives people a time to come back and race at. Maybe even if it is 3 hours or something. But I guess it's good to start somewhere and get people to race first.

It was pretty cool though watching the demo though, I didn't even know you could do that with multiple demos.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

JVanderlee225 wrote:I agree, at the same time though, if you say you'll release the track every Tuesday at 3pm then it gives people a time to come back and race at. Maybe even if it is 3 hours or something. But I guess it's good to start somewhere and get people to race first.

It was pretty cool though watching the demo though, I didn't even know you could do that with multiple demos.
If you want to limit it so much like that, why not just hold an online race?

The point of demo racing is to give everyone a chance to race. Timezones don't affect the racing as much because you don't all have to show up at the same time. Sure, demo racing does give "try-hards" a bit of an advantage. But the spirit of demo racing is to allow everyone an equal chance to participate, and it only makes sense to have the window AT LEAST 24 hours.
JVanderlee225

Post by JVanderlee225 »

I'm not complaining, it was really fun. I just thought the point of demo racing was to see who has the consistency to go a whole race with the least amount of mistakes. In an online race anyone can screw you over, with the demo it's only yourself!
AuTo MaTik
Team: SYS

Post by AuTo MaTik »

AWood I think you should do separate class results and then just for fun have the results all together. So have like two standings basically.

Also Zack, you and I had sick dualies on the first lap and we would've have destroyed each other like 50 times too hahaha.
I'm washed.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

If people like zack dont mind,i can release the demo a day late, and in that time make a video with a commentary of the race. Or just start releasing the demos like i did this week, but at about 4pm
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

That race up front was actually really sick. So was Hinners' battle with Dupuis
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

wheels1758 wrote: The point of demo racing is to give everyone a chance to race. Timezones don't affect the racing as much because you don't all have to show up at the same time. Sure, demo racing does give "try-hards" a bit of an advantage. But the spirit of demo racing is to allow everyone an equal chance to participate, and it only makes sense to have the window AT LEAST 24 hours.
There is definitely more to it than just giving everyone a chance. It eliminates all crashes caused by other riders(whether intentional or not) and gets rid of qualifying and the dreaded LCQ. Example: Have 40 riders do a main event on a SX track instead of doing Heats, Semis, LCQ.

Would be interesting to do a more restricted series also.
Example Race:
Announced: 3:00pm
Track: Agueda GP
Race Length: 20min
Submission time: 3:45pm

This way you most likely only get one shot at doing a full race + a few warm up laps.(Also some added time for people who cannot upload very quickly)

Definitely tons of variations that can be derived from this it all depends on what the consensus is to make it the most enjoyable.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

AWood wrote:If people like zack dont mind,i can release the demo a day late, and in that time make a video with a commentary of the race. Or just start releasing the demos like i did this week, but at about 4pm
YES....
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

JVanderlee225 wrote:It was pretty cool though watching the demo though, I didn't even know you could do that with multiple demos.
#mxsnoobstatus
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
AuTo MaTik

Post by AuTo MaTik »

yzmxer608 wrote:
JVanderlee225 wrote:It was pretty cool though watching the demo though, I didn't even know you could do that with multiple demos.
#mxsnoobstatus
I didn't either. When I downloaded the demo I though AWood messed something up haha.
I'm washed.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

aww man i forgot to upload my demo, this looked hella fun and looked like better racing since no one was worried about hitting anyone more raw speed, ill be sure to do it next week.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I know I won't do worth a shit, but I can't wait for round two. This racing was so sick, I want to be a part of it really bad
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn