MXSoN Discussion (If nobody has organized it yet, we can!)

Organize races and post results here
Victor173mx

Re: MXSoN Discussion (If nobody has organized it yet, we can

Post by Victor173mx »

I hope there will be qualifying race to determine the 3 fastest riders of each country! :D Because each rider have a chance :)
Holt_619
Team: FlowTech Racing

Post by Holt_619 »

I agree that it needs to happen but I would love if somebody else ran it. Hosting Loretta's has made me want to take a break from dealing with hosting anything big for a couple months :lol:
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Armstrong gets my place for Kan Ah Tah. Dibbsed it.
pablius
Team: MXSimSpain

Post by pablius »

I think that MXSoN discussion should be about who is in for hosting and who is in for livestreaming.

The MXSoN format we used last year was perfect:

- The event like real life. 3 riders, 3 classes (MX1, MX2, Open), 30min + 2 laps motos and the worst result of the country is removed.

- Qualiying race to determine the riders of each country, the best of the country in the race earn the spot. (European zone, USA/Pacific zone like last year).

- Real countries.

Last year a lot of americans kids want to represent Puerto Rico. That's not fair. It's an event for countries, not for the riders. I've seen all the SX and MX season and there are many americans and french riders who are the fastest guys out there, and riders from Italy, Lithuania, Greece or my spanish friends out of qualifying spot because of the amount of brilliant american and french riders. So it's time for the small countries to race an event, and big ones, then fight for your spot. If the team Puerto Rico take part with riders like Devin Davis, Tyler Crain or Zack Dupois, then it's another country to win, like the events of all the year.

On the other hand, there are riders who are the only one member of his country, then it's nice to put them together. Anyway I think that they should be racing alone and fighting with those countries with the same trouble. The overall standing would be bigger and I'm sure that one rider could win countries with more riders.

http://mxsemf.com/leaderboard.php?op=na ... amp=3,2014

Last year we had 18 countries, that's 36 riders each moto, it's almost full grid, and this year I read before that team Estonia have 3 riders this year (last year Maryan Bork from Latvia race in this team), team Russia with 3 riders, Finland was out last year but they have good riders to race this event...

It could be the bigger MXSoN ever.

----------------------------------------------------------

If you kids want to represent your country, then think about a Junior World Championship, not the MXSoN. The format of a JWC is:

- Each country can take part in the event with all the riders they want.
- There is a qualifying practice and top40 qualify, wherever they are.
- The best riders of each country in the event take points for their country, and the rest of the riders are in the individual classification of the JWC.

This event is for the riders, because everyone can take part in it because it's a World Championship, but there is a Nations standings too.
2014: 11º MXSoN SPAIN - 8º MX1
2013: 10º MXSoN SPAIN - 6º MX3
2013: 1º Amateur World GP Series - Open
2012: 10º MXSoN SPAIN - 11º MX1

krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

Give this man something bigger than cookie! Last years event was just perfect, atleast format vise.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
yamirider517

Post by yamirider517 »

Team Zimbabwe (Dowdie's homeland) |Dwayne, Dowdie, Me
Manager- Young FRO
BrandonEenink
Team: Benno Kox Motosports

Post by BrandonEenink »

Eligible riders (not in order)
Team Australia
Mike Owen, Brady Standley, Andrew O'Hagan, Scott Woolford, Toby Stocks, Craig Richards
Team France
Alexis Leclair, Cedric Alcee, Yohann Mayer, Jordan Lacoste, Logan Depaty, Flo Lucasson, Corentin Dubois, Mathieu Moisseron, Maxime Tison, Kevin Lelong
Team Canada
Jordan Vanderlee, Peter Leik, Matt Cromie, Matt James
Team USA
Jeremy Smith, Hunter Root, Byron Downen, Jared Siedhoff, Tysen Fresquez, Jesse Mullins, Kellen Brauer, Race Karlin
Team Sweden
Jonathan Olsson, Rasmus Bengtsson, Linus Andersson, Mattias Lidman, Anton Edvardson
Team Netherlands
Boyd Veraart, Bart Heuveling, Frank Kastermans, Ruben Kuilder, Yannick van Yugt Brandon Eenink, Robin Flier, Tim Flier, Berry Goudbeek,Lars Looman
Team Denmark
Rasmus Brose, Rasmus Bemberg, Oliver Sorensen
Team Belguim
Morgan Marlet, Stany Debruyne, Frederick Van Eeckhoven
Team New Zealand
Jay Andrew, Jacob Hunger, Steven Sowry
Team Great Britain
Jon Rawlins, Sean Ogden, Fred Heather
Team Norway
Dennis Fjeldberg, Jonas Nordli, Ludvig Botten, Robin Rosenvinge
Team Brazil
Fernando Jacob, Fernando Andrade, Eduardo Simoes, Juan Pablo, Hector Assuncao, Kewin Feula
Tagger Designs
3rd MXON individual
pablius
Team: MXSimSpain

Post by pablius »

That list was just an example... :roll:
2014: 11º MXSoN SPAIN - 8º MX1
2013: 10º MXSoN SPAIN - 6º MX3
2013: 1º Amateur World GP Series - Open
2012: 10º MXSoN SPAIN - 11º MX1

kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

I have to brief as I am really busy but this post was brought to my attention so I haven't read all of it. It MIGHT be possible for MXSCentral, but no guarantees right now.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Devin, how dare you forgetting the first mxson winner, Belgium!!! :O haha

Ye would be cool to see it again this year. I think format and dates like last year are the best. It gives ppl time aswel to set something up. If I'm not mistaken it was somewhere half october last year, which looks perfect to me, since the final will be held in a weekend it's good to have it that late. Otherwise is still everybody at the real life races.

About the teams, US divided in several regions and so on. I don't think that is necessary yet. Since not even 1 country managed to get more than 1 win over 5 events I don't think there's a reason to it.

Would be cool to see the rF hosting the US qualifiers, EMF the EU and TMFR the Ozzie/Nzl/that area qualifiers and a big final by whoever (emf, rf, mxscentral, tmfr,Robin Hedin with some website support?) has time to do it. They are all great hosts and I'm sure with some help and support between all the hosts it will be once again the biggest, most prestige event of the year in mxs.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Snopro704 wrote:I'm from canada, can i not ride in this?
Same haha, we'll have to earn our spot bro!
Phil Doyon #423
Romain762
Team: Light Speed

Post by Romain762 »

Same format of the last year is perfect, but, the MXSoN for the amateur too?
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Romain762 wrote:Same format of the last year is perfect, but, the MXSoN for the amateur too?
Sounds fun, but with the wide variety of skill levels of amateurs, I feel like hardly anyone would get a chance. It would be all the guys that are practically fast enough to be pro or just didn't make the pro race. There would need to be a good enough system to be able to let a good amount of amateurs race...
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I don't think there should be an amateur one since the MXSoN is the premier event for the fastest riders and having an amateur one would simply be a very fine line between sandbagging and amateur.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

I like the idea of splitting the US up. I would definitely come back and tryhard my way into it but not if its just 3 US riders when over half the game comes from the US.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |