OFFICIAL: rF Qualifying Format Poll

Organize races and post results here

What is your favorite qualifying format

Unlimited Qualifying Sessions - 2013 Motosport.com Outdoors format (Same format that was used at round 1)
56%
Limited Qualifying Sessions - 2015 MotoOption SX format
44%

Total votes: 153

Ddavis

Re: OFFICIAL: rF Qualifying Format Poll

Post by Ddavis »

KaseoDip wrote:I really do not like limited qualifying. I am not someone that can go out in a race and run my fastest lap. I am someone that can run consistent laps that are just a tad slower. At hangtown I was able to put in a solid ride because I was consistent, not because I was fast. I do hate that people are able to run 1 fast lap just to get in then suck during the race but that's not my case. I don't really care which wins but I have more success making it in and putting in good rides if I am able to qualify... That probably made no sense but I don't care.
In that case, limited qualifying would help Kasey. With unlimited qualifying it allows even more riders to get lucky and be ahead of you, if you can't run that blazing hot lap, they wont either in limited qualifying (usually).
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Ddavis wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:I really do not like limited qualifying. I am not someone that can go out in a race and run my fastest lap. I am someone that can run consistent laps that are just a tad slower. At hangtown I was able to put in a solid ride because I was consistent, not because I was fast. I do hate that people are able to run 1 fast lap just to get in then suck during the race but that's not my case. I don't really care which wins but I have more success making it in and putting in good rides if I am able to qualify... That probably made no sense but I don't care.
In that case, limited qualifying would help Kasey. With unlimited qualifying it allows even more riders to get lucky and be ahead of you, if you can't run that blazing hot lap, they wont either in limited qualifying (usually).
I know I will not be able to run a 2.06.7 like I did last week but I knew I would be able to run consistent laps in the race. I understand why people believe that slower people are able to get in, but coming from my side, I'm able to get in with a decent lap that I will be able to run 15/17 laps of the moto.
brock247
Team: Privateer

Post by brock247 »

I think it should be limited qualifying, because ''a lot'' of people work, ride dirt bikes/training or whatever else. Some people have the whole entire day to play witch is fine but its annoying when u cant sit and burn lapppppps all day so i think limited qualifying should be picked just like supercross.
JNaz642
Team: MotoXAddicts

Post by JNaz642 »

Unlimited is a joke. Everyone should have the same amount of laps to qualify just like the pros. This is a pro series and we are playing a simulator. Really sucks how I was able to play this weeks track a total of 5 races while other kids sit there all day to just qualify then get in a race and don't run anywhere near that lap. Everyone deserves the same amount of laps to qualify.....
http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/2157/

Joseph Nazarak
PA Dutch

6th Place Overall Points In 2014 Race Factory Outdoors Pro 250 Class
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

If were doing unlimited can we get more than 4 laps in a server? last week 06 was on 15 minutes and that worked great. Its hard when you're on a tight schedule and you have to do 1 full lap, then you get 3 timed, then you need to wait for a restart.

Thanks <3
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

My idealway for qualifying would beyou get 5, 5 lap races where your top 3 laps from one session were averaged to make your qualifying time. Like the gps a couple of years ago.
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The unlimited/limited qualifying doesn't limit your amount of laps riding the track, it just limits the amount of laps you sit there hoping to "get lucky" that one lap and make it in. It sucks, there's 5-10 riders who can't make the show off pure speed, then get screwed over in the Consi (ex: Desselle at GH)... when there's people doing 200 laps a week with every lap counting, and busting laps ahead of people who'd lap them in the actual race. I've had no problems qualifying during limited sessions, but I've found myself needing to stay up later and run more laps just to be able to get a lap time low enough so by the time I get home from work the next day I'm not outside the top 40, with limited sessions those kids would get trigger happy and run their laps right off the bat and you wouldn't need to worry about them somehow getting a lap faster than yours because they played all day long going to unrealistic lines and not giving a shit because they know they'll do 20 more races before qualifying is up. I'm all for limited sessions, due to that reason specifically.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

limited means less lucky goons
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet