2016 rF Pro MotoOption and Am FAMmx Supercross Series

Organize races and post results here
stocksy129

Re: 2016 rF Pro MotoOption and Am FAMmx Supercross Series

Post by stocksy129 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Osari52 wrote:...he will ever understand his own lag, and races the Americans respectably with it...
Y'know, if it comes down that (which is tantamount to "lag discrimination"), you need to have a high ping limit or disallow foreigners that have too much lag. It's really unfair and I've seen this being a problem for years(Juan player comes to mind). They shouldn't have to apologize for riding "too close" to you, don't you think? Is this a problem on EMF or GP's? Same rule should apply to Yanks trying to compete in euro-races. Especially considering the results of an encounter with a lag bubble. Plenty of servers in other games have a high-ping limit.
So, who is to say the ping limit? And in what way is that fair? That is just pulling the community apart... How about, Every one moves to the one country and creates an ultimate internet :lol:
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

You got it wrong m8. I meant it's unfair for the overseas folks to be allowed to race, but then be held to this "respect the lag bubble" standard. Ya dig?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

I'm going to add my 5 cents into this aussie lag debate, even though i believe it might rustle some feathers of a few people.

Now don't get me wrong, the tracks have been awesome to ride these last couple years has been an absolute blast compared to the jlv sx tracks of the past, however when it came to rhythm sections jlv had them balanced unbelievably. It opened up a whole new option for passing compared to the recent sx tracks. You could actually take an inside, utilise a different line rather than the main rhythm, and not lose 10-15 bike lengths on the person you were chasing. With todays tracks the only way to pass is to run someone deep in a turn, which is where the issue of lag has sparked up, or wait for them to miss the main rythm line.

It almost seems that the tracks are built to punish you for missing a main line, which i know is what seperates the guys come race time. I feel that if lines through rythm lanes were equal the racing would improve immensly when it comes to lag. It needs to be done in a way that encourages people to try a different rythm, but not make qualifying and hot laps come down to pure corner speed.

I honestly believe that mikey never had a rep for lag punting simply because the tracks had enough variety to allow places to pass without getting dirty in the bowl turns.
Donate if you like My Creations
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

onefoureight wrote:
Osari52 wrote:Just frustrated that some Aussies treat their lag like it's a golden ticket to ride like a jackass.
You guys don't even realize how hard we try to race clean. Especially since our 'lag bubble' isn't any set size and it's un predictable as fuck.
amen brotha
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
Chino
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Prestige Worldwide

Post by Chino »

GustavoMX930' wrote:
onefoureight wrote:
Osari52 wrote:Just frustrated that some Aussies treat their lag like it's a golden ticket to ride like a jackass.
You guys don't even realize how hard we try to race clean. Especially since our 'lag bubble' isn't any set size and it's un predictable as fuck.
amen brotha
Yeah right gustavo, all you have been doing is cross jumping people and running it in. Can't really say much for any other laggers as they have been doing a great job staying out of the way
2013 East/West Shootout Winner | 2014 MLO Winter SX Champion | 2014 Loretta Lynn's 250 Pro Sport Champion | 2014 250 Pro Monster Cup Champion | 2015 EMF SX2 Champion Image
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Ohagan75 wrote:I'm going to add my 5 cents into this aussie lag debate, even though i believe it might rustle some feathers of a few people.

Now don't get me wrong, the tracks have been awesome to ride these last couple years has been an absolute blast compared to the jlv sx tracks of the past, however when it came to rhythm sections jlv had them balanced unbelievably. It opened up a whole new option for passing compared to the recent sx tracks. You could actually take an inside, utilise a different line rather than the main rhythm, and not lose 10-15 bike lengths on the person you were chasing. With todays tracks the only way to pass is to run someone deep in a turn, which is where the issue of lag has sparked up, or wait for them to miss the main rythm line.

It almost seems that the tracks are built to punish you for missing a main line, which i know is what seperates the guys come race time. I feel that if lines through rythm lanes were equal the racing would improve immensly when it comes to lag. It needs to be done in a way that encourages people to try a different rythm, but not make qualifying and hot laps come down to pure corner speed.

I honestly believe that mikey never had a rep for lag punting simply because the tracks had enough variety to allow places to pass without getting dirty in the bowl turns.

blaming the tracks for your lag problems???? Nah, problem is internet. Lag was just as bad for racing on jlv tracks, especially because on the old collisions you could literally send someone off the map.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Ohagan75 wrote:I'm going to add my 5 cents into this aussie lag debate, even though i believe it might rustle some feathers of a few people.

Exactly. JLV's tracks may not have been as fun and may not have looked as nice as the tracks we have today, but the racing on them is 10x better. You hit the nail on the head with the rhythm line being the ONLY way to go around the track at a decent pace. Look at real life for example. During the race, different people hit different lines and its equally as fast. With the tracks we are racing on now, everyone hits the same lines, it just comes down to who crashes first and who can stuff someone in the corner. Makes racing a lot less enjoyable when 75% of your race is based on the start. Bring on outdoors 8)
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

KaseoDip wrote:

Exactly. JLV's tracks may not have been as fun and may not have looked as nice as the tracks we have today, but the racing on them is 10x better. You hit the nail on the head with the rhythm line being the ONLY way to go around the track at a decent pace. Look at real life for example. During the race, different people hit different lines and its equally as fast. With the tracks we are racing on now, everyone hits the same lines, it just comes down to who crashes first and who can stuff someone in the corner. Makes racing a lot less enjoyable when 75% of your race is based on the start. Bring on outdoors 8)
So during the EMF main event, the top 3 riders were all doing different rhythms down the first rhythm at A2 and racing closely... (Over table, over table, 3, 2 and Over table, on, off, 4 and onto table, off, 4, 3)

During most of the night of rF Leclair was using the inside after the first triple and not losing anytime, in fact making time most of the time by the time they got through the following corner because it provided a smoother entry...

My point being, it isn't that there aren't other "equal" lines on the track. It is that everyone gravitates to one line just like they gravitate to the 1 dyno.

And once again, in the JLV track days, you could crash 3 times and still win a main event from a bad start. Losing a second wasn't a big deal. If you give up a second now (but running an alternate rhythm) it's a huge deal. Guys can run much, much mroe flawlessly. Previously it was more important to run a clean race versus running a fast and clean race.

The race is less enjoyable because it is based on the start because there are shit load of great riders that you can't just blow past... and a lot of guys seem to leave their brain at home when they don't have a great start. Please don't blame the tracks for other people's stupidity!
---RiLeY---151---
Team: Factory Privateer

Post by ---RiLeY---151--- »

yo I just wanted to apologize for my bad decision making last night, I had absolutely 0 reason to quad to the inside of dade and the other 2 riders for position, and realized it was either the last lap or about to be, which is mostly why I guess I decided to be dumb and jump it. Sorry to dade, cromie, clay and anyone else that I really messed up. I am sorry I ruined such a great battle, cya guys on the track whenever I get unbanned. :) :D
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

I made my first 250 main of the year last night, was incredibly bummed to found out during the main event how many people just don't know how to actually "race". There are maybe 6-7 guys that know how to maneuver around the track, then there's the rest of the field that only knows how to put in hot laps and crash the other 75% of the time.

Just my .02, but I'd like to see limited qualifying make a return, whether it's related to the above statement or not.
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Anybody got the 250 Main Demo from last night? Would really like it.
Motoagogo
Team: Privateer

Post by Motoagogo »

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about the future of streaming AM's. As of right now there is a very high chance that the streams will not continue in both Sim racing and just streaming in general. I just wanted to say thank you to all that have come by the streams over the last 9 months and I have been glad to get to know many of you throughout this opportunity. Like I said the streams may still happen, yet as of right now I doubt they will continue.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Motoagogo wrote:Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about the future of streaming AM's. As of right now there is a very high chance that the streams will not continue in both Sim racing and just streaming in general. I just wanted to say thank you to all that have come by the streams over the last 9 months and I have been glad to get to know many of you throughout this opportunity. Like I said the streams may still happen, yet as of right now I doubt they will continue.
Bummer moto, you killed it during the Fam series! Hoping the best for you on whatever you decide.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Is there going to be action taken toward the riders running skins with the wrong numbers on them?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.