2016 rF Gaming Pro and Amateur Nationals

Organize races and post results here
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Re: 2016 rF Gaming Pro and Amateur Nationals

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

checkerz wrote:Where will Rf be in 5 years? Not sure, but without this model I can promise it would be gone.
Really feel like people are overlooking this bit.

Every other possible argument about what's happening comes after this - without this, there is no series. So wax poetic about the good ol' days as much as makes you happy, but this is what was necessary to keep the best running race and replica track development series in the game going.

Tough shit, it happens, but it's far superior to not having anything.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

The less complete fucktards who don't pay, means less grenades to go off everywhere on the damn track. Gets rid of the idiots, but I'm not saying this is the way to fix it. Am I going to bitch and complain? No, I have no right. It's their series. I also don't have an alternative to suggest. I wish everyone would just quit bitching, and just be happy they're still making tracks, you just won't get them as soon as everyone else. Have some respect for creators, that's why we lose so many. Ungrateful, entitled-minded fuckers.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Just for the record, my comments in this thread had nothing to do with $25 being worth it or not, nor about the rF guys deserving compensation. At the end of the day, rF are big boys, and can make decisions as they please. This is clearly happening, so we can sit back and see how it plays out. I don't see any growth happening out of this, but, I've been wrong many times before in my life so we will see.
dboivin
Team: Privateer

Post by dboivin »

checkerz wrote:Where will Rf be in 5 years? Not sure, but without this model I can promise it would be gone. Perhaps it's postponing the inevitable that will eventually happen, but this definitely gives us a chance to keep going. Without this THERE WOULD BE NO NATIONALS!!!

As far as "pissing off half the community" and "races with four riders"... I've seen maybe 10 guys or less complaining. That's not even a fraction of the supporters who have supported with a membership. They just aren't posting. And there will still be full gates racing.

And I don't believe it is anyone outside the Rf staffs job to tell us what we should and should not do with our content, our time, the money we've raised, etc. If you don't think it's worth it or don't want to pay, don't. And don't complain about it, we don't care, we care about providing value to those who are supporting us.
sorry checkerz i was exaggerating to make a point. i realize you will have a full gate this season. i'm talking long term but as you said, if something didn't happen rf would go away sooner so it is what is.

(this is not pointed at rF, its at everyone else who keeps saying FU to people who politely disagreed with the idea) i'm merely saying this is not ticket to growth. i know guys want to have there ultimate races with no cruddy riders, yada yada....but coming from experience i've seen many games fall prey to this thinking. isolationist thinking will merely kill your possible base/customers and ultimately the game. I've said all along if rF has to do this, they have to...it sucks that it comes to this.
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

Don't know if it was answered but will tracks be updated to be more exact with the real life version because we are racing a week after?
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

motocross_will wrote:Don't know if it was answered but will tracks be updated to be more exact with the real life version because we are racing a week after?
Tracks are always based off of the previous year. So to answer your question, nope.
Creiz89
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by Creiz89 »

I think this is a great idea! I have no problem donating 25 bucks for one series, and as a matter of fact, I feel the guys in rF (+creators+++) really do deserve this!
It´s probably even not that much, considering the hourly pay all these guys gets for their ACTUAL jobs.

For all the guys who are complaining, it´s actually really easy. Either you pay and have fun, or you don´t pay, and it would be the same outcome anyways: No series.

Thanks for doing this guys!
JNR Motorsports
Kysar
Team: Privateer

Post by Kysar »

I have no problem with the fees, there are hours of hard work involved to bring this together. I have a separate problem altogether, I suck and cant qualify for the races..... Can I pay for the series just for the tracks?
MixinGas535
Team: Factory Husqvarna

Post by MixinGas535 »

Is there a way I can donate $25 and just get the tracks all at once, and like disqualify me from racing or something? i just want to ride them for fun.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

MixinGas535 wrote:Is there a way I can donate $25 and just get the tracks all at once, and like disqualify me from racing or something? i just want to ride them for fun.
Not all the tracks are made before the season. Mosy tracks are finished only a couple days before the race.
Tanner Rogers
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

motokid499 wrote:Mosy
*most
Tanner Rogers
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

MixinGas535 wrote:Is there a way I can donate $25 and just get the tracks all at once, and like disqualify me from racing or something? i just want to ride them for fun.
If you read Checkerz says theyll be released to the public after the race or a month after the race.. If you read more you learn more
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
If you read Checkerz says theyll be released to the public after the race or a month after the race.. If you read more you learn more
You didn't even answer his question, if you would read more you'd be able to give a decent response.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

If you read tanner already answered it, and craig you know that the tracks are made week by week
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink: