Ddavis

Good, Bad, & Ugly: SD

Post by Ddavis »

250 Class

Good
Zach Prokop
#79 YOGI
5th place

Whealon has been stealing the headlines this past week with his dominating victory on the 250 2-stroke, however I feel as if I should credit Zach Prokop on the Yogi Kawasaki machine for a quiet, but equally impressive top 5 ride. It's his first career top 5 finish in the 250 class, and for that, he should be applauded. Good job... YOSKI!

No screenshot available, sorry!

Bad
Craig Leake
#11 Vurbmoto
13th place

7 days after an impressive victory, Leake has fallen under the bad category after a disappointing 13th place finish, dropping him from 1st to 6th in the standings in one round. The points are still close, but a night like San Diego provided an opportunity to Craig to go into damage control and get as many points as possible, but instead crumbled under the pressure of being buried at the tail end of the field and gave up too many points early in the year to not be worried. Anaheim 2 will be a huge sign of things to come for the rest of the season, and more importantly if he will be able to recover and still challenge for the title.

Render: James Webb

Ugly
Chase McDonald
#78 NovaGFX KTM
DQ

We all know Chase McDonald and what he's capable of doing on the track, and during San Diego he went on a fury of take outs and reckless riding. At this time it's unsure if he received a penalty for his actions, but without a doubt it's something a rider that has a pro license should ever be caught doing during organized events. For this reason, it seems reasonable to throw him in the ugly category because it potentially cost Whealon a chance at his first victory, and the other leaders behind him from challenging Whealon on his quest to his first main event win. Luckily for Whealon, he was able to regroup and grab the win. However for Chase, it's been a problem multiple times and in my opinion it shouldn't be tolerated during organized events.

Screenshot: Chase McDonald (I'm assuming)

450 Class

Good
Bryan Haskell
#371 Vitamin Water SYS
19th place

Ok, you're probably wondering why someone with a three digit number finishing 19th is under the "Good" category, but unless you're a complete noob you know who Bryan Haskell, better known as "Shackattack" is. If you know who he is, then you understand the struggles of finding success he's had on this game since the addition of 450 machines. This was his first heat race victory since Las Vegas 2012, that's 1720 days. The last time he won a main event was at Oakland in 2013, 1456 days ago. It's been a long time since Shack has been at the top, and although the main event didn't go his way after grabbing the early lead and having that feeling of success once again, it was nice to see a legend up front after such a long layoff.

Screenshot: Nathan Zaworski

Bad
Jesse Mullins
#9 Prime Design Graphics
16th place

Two weekends in a row where Mullins has struggled to find himself on the podium despite showing podium speed. We should expect to see Mullins find himself battling for podiums soon, but depending on when that happens it might be too late as championship rivals Tysen and Shipley have already pulled a huge gap over the two-time outdoor champion in the points.

Screenshot: Dade Honeywell

Ugly
Jared Siedhoff
#17 Jared Siedhoff
Did not qualify

Siedhoff has been vocal about not enjoying Supercross as much as Motocross, however when you come off an outdoor championship you expect them to find themselves qualifying for main events. At this time it's unknown if Siedhoff will be dropping down to the 250 East Championship, but it isn't a strong start to the season for the Vurbmoto rider regardless of his plans in the upcoming weeks.

No screenshot available, sorry!

Screenshot: Seb Galea

As always, if you enjoy my content then donate to keep me motivated to write these up each week!
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: Good, Bad, & Ugly: SD

Post by Lnxa »

Ddavis wrote:
Bad
Jesse Mullins
#9 Prime Design Graphics
16th place
I got 13th for your information. :lol:
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Thanks for the kind words, Devin. Hadn't really though about how long its been, so thanks for putting actual numbers to it.

Honorable mention in the 450 main had to have been Jeremy Shipley. Jeremy had an epic ride and was hauling ass all race, as shown by the chart:

I'm in Green. I regathered myself in 13th after the crash and was back inside the top 9 until i dropped the anchor.
Jeremy is in Orange. Look at that progress!
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

This is my fav posts to read every week ! Good job davis
Phil Doyon #423
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Damn I'm good.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Atom6246 wrote:Damn I'm good.
That's 22 two weeks in a row now right?
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:Damn I'm good.
That's 22 two weeks in a row now right?
Nah got 21st at A1. lololol
Zmen36
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Zmen36 »

YOGI FTW
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

haha Jared, you suck... make mains nerd :P
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Sorry guys, no Good, Bad, & Ugly for Anaheim 2. I was busy with class and wasn't able to write anything up. I'll try to get this back going for Glendale.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Ddavis wrote:Sorry guys, no Good, Bad, & Ugly for Anaheim 2. I was busy with class and wasn't able to write anything up. I'll try to get this back going for Glendale.
all good, look forward to the next one. They are sick.