Round 7 - MotoOption MXS SX Series presented by Vurbmoto

Organize races and post results here
jbrandmx85
Team: Privateer

Re: Round 7 - MotoOption MXS SX Series presented by Vurbmoto

Post by jbrandmx85 »

Good points checkerz. However if you do hold a,b,c classes how do you classify the riders? how do you prevent sandbagging? Bc uid means nothing when it comes to speed
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

jbrandmx85 wrote:Good points checkerz. However if you do hold a,b,c classes how do you classify the riders? how do you prevent sandbagging? Bc uid means nothing when it comes to speed
That was my initial point, it's like fighting gravity...you are going to lose. We can try to minimize it, but I'm not going to waste too much effort trying to completely stop it.
jbrandmx85

Post by jbrandmx85 »

My suggestion would be to just hold an open pro-am night. Everyone knows who the fast guys are so just make it for the guys who you either know arent super fast or no-namers.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I've hosted an invite only series for only "fast" guys in the past. The racing was only marginally better. Nothing to write home about.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Not sure what all this shit is about, I mean the top 5 in the Lites East were on the same second lap time. Top three were within hundredths of a second. It was a good race.

This series is for the best Mxs players out there, if you cant qualify that's your own fault. The only thing you can go by is lap time, and we were all pretty close in speed.

There will always be fast guys in both classes, I don't see what that kid is all upset about.

You could call me a sandbagger or whatever, but there were two people that qualified faster than me, and I didn't even win the race.

Its not like the 450 class is for the "pros" anyways. There are a bunch of fast guys, sure, but then you have the people who cant even ride in a straight line who have no place being there.

Its not a perfect system, and it never will be. That's just the way it goes. In the end we all play this game for fun (I think?), try to have some.
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

jbrandmx85 wrote:My suggestion would be to just hold an open pro-am night. Everyone knows who the fast guys are so just make it for the guys who you either know arent super fast or no-namers.
Where is the cut off? In other words, which guy do WE DECIDE is the fastest B rider?
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

checkerz wrote:I think the real lesson here is we need a second series running during SX that has A/B/C classes to allow more guys a chance to compete at the front.

I'm sure you've all seen some of the previews for King of the Compound. More details to come, but it is coming soon and looks to include A/B/C divisions.

Warrior, would you consider yourself an A or B rider? Didn't you ride the Pro class at LRS last year? So wouldn't you be sandbagging too if we held the Lites class as a "B class"?

And Warrior, not really arguing, just debating - atleast from me.
Last year, I ran the B supercross series and did alright, took one 3rd and finished 4th in the points I think. I then started the LRS in the B class, had what I felt to be a breakout performance at the High Point National, and immediately declared myself as an A rider. The way I'm wired, I would much prefer to get beat by someone better and learn something, than beat someone worse and gloat. As far as lap times go I would say I'm absolutely B material. Outdoors I feel I can run with the A class because of consistency only. SX I have never really been able to get a good handle on, and if you saw anything from last night, you wouldn't even think of considering me an A rider, or ever expecting me to get there knowing I've been playing over two years. I don't even really know what to expect outdoors yet because there seems to be so ridiculously much more talent than last year already, just hoping I can score consistent points in the motos again.

In case you're interested:
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... nt#p219480
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

Warrior, you looked fine out there in SX...why not just try to qualify, if you make it cool. Then race your heat/lcq to the best of your ability. No one said you had to be the best, just have fun, ride to your ability. rF doesn't discriminate against fast or slow guys, every one is welcome to TRY and race. Next year we may have "Pro licenses" and so forth that you must acquire before racing, but this year it is unnecessary....
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Thank you Sween, but honestly I spent WAY too many hours trying to qualify for Dallas, and still don't know how I even put in the one lap as fast as I did. It annoyed my wife, especially with me raging at all the people constantly taking me out in the servers, and I just didn't have a fun week trying to do that. Maybe next year if I don't have a big track project I'll practice and prepare for SX, and try again. In any case, you guys are doing a great job, I'm sorry that this snowballed the way it did, it was not at all my intention. I'm really excited for nationals, I just hope I can be competitive still with all the new fast guys. Also, now with no SX qualifying to deal with I'll be able to study for that second actuarial exam I'm taking in April (fingers crossed).
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Justin653 wrote:idk why phathry was blaming me though for his mistakes. yea i slanted a few times but im not just gonna give up my position. im gonna fight til the end. thats motocross. sooo
Nice attempt to put words in my mouth. I never once blamed you for my mistakes or for racing me too hard. If I were to place blame on someone else for my mistake in this situation I'd be all up in Darr's grill for making me try to avoid him laying in the track after the first rhythm lane.... My problem is this, after two I made two clean passes on you, you chose to do this to me....

ImageImage

As you can guess, I landed upside down off the side of the track where Justin was aiming....

I'm all for hard racing, especially during the closing laps of the race. But this was a dumb move. You got lucky in not falling off, and I got the bad end of the stick being stuck in an awkward hole on the side of the track. Had I left you more room to turn back under me you still would have jumped far enough to the right that we would have hit.
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

actually. i was going from middle then back to outside in that section.. hence. i can triple into the sand. i didnt mean to put words in your mouth it just seemed like the night of you were blaming me.. i apologize for making you crash but i thought i also crashed that time or almost did.
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

I think I have a qualifying method for that multi-class competition system... Let me try...

INTRO
We have all raced in 00, most of us have raced pretty hard there in the beginning so we can have a decent reference to where's the level of most guys

METHOD
When somebody signs up, someone/something should add all his times (except Rabbit hill ones because nowadays it's hard to race there without having a restart), that should be his "qualifying time"
Top 20 to PRO, next 20 to EXPERT, next 20 to A, next 20 to B and so

PROs
I don't know but it's quite the only way to see where we all are at a place where we all have been BEFORE all this happened
CONs
Adding times could be a pain in the ass
Some vets may have not visited 00 for a long long time
Some kids may have spent way too much time on 00
Times on 00 may not be a true reliable reference
I don't know, just my proposal...
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

A proposal when everything is fine.... Classic Die.
only one to win something real from the game!
Gideon#67

Post by Gideon#67 »

IMO the current system is just fine. I feel the best way aside from practice to get better is to ride with and race against faster guys. Splitting class anymore would just be like saying i cant do it so lower the bar for me. Not gonna help yourself in the long run if you are willing settle for less if that makes any sense. Guys who want the chance to race events should just work harder to be more competitive, or just hold a separate series to run in. im sure there would be enough interest to do so.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

Thanks for the effort die, but the stock track server is probably the worst results to compare. It is really easy to go fast on those tracks, and I've been beat by plenty of guys on 00 that couldn't even touch me in an organized race, and I'm a mid to back of the pack rider...

Feel free to keep slinging ideas though guys, I mean I'm 99% sure we will keep the current method, but it is good to get references for the future, next year, etc...